Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Would really like to see someone do a side by side comparison for the LA marsh with a comparing these three products. I get that FMT has included tracks, but really would like to see how the actual image looks on the screen when running the marsh.

I think they are all good products but its hard to switch from one to the other without first seeing just what the others look like (not a dumb screen shot).

So somebody with some spare coin should buy all three and run a test. Or pony up the money for an FMT and Strikeline and give them to me and I'll run the test for ya'll......lol.

Oh and make sure you do it on a Simrad. 馃構

Registered
I have a strikeline on the way. I have the standard mapping and Navionics plat already. I run fmt in Florida. I鈥檒l post some screen shots when the strike line comes in. Currently in LA I run the Navionics plat. Not a fan at all of the SM. It鈥檚 basically like having the paper maps. When you zoom, still the same low zoom pic just zoomed in - It鈥檚 blurry. Those maps are also dated as far as LA marsh goes - I fish a lot of places that shows as land on that card. We鈥檒l see but I believe the strike line is going to have similar quality imagery as FMT minus tracks and all the nav aids.
Tell you what, send me your best spots and I鈥檒l send you the screenshot of it... kidding, but seriously.

Registered
ISLA has just acquired new imagery for most of southern LA, and the coastline of MS, AL of FL dated 2019 and 2020 and will begin working to update Louisiana in August and fill in the coastline gap to Pensacola as well. We have not seen all of the full color imagery yet but the native resolution is 3 inch and 6 inch making it an incredibly intense data set which will provide extremely clean views on chart plotters. We will begin working to assemble the LA imagery and adjust it as necessary very soon. Look for substantive image updates to the Louisiana Marine Tracks product to be available later this year. Historically, the dates of the imagery available for LA for all of the current products in the market was less than ideal. It cost us a lot to get the imagery and putting the agreement together has been months in the making but we anticipate the updated LMT product when released will be become even more popular than the current product very quickly. Current LMT customers will be able to update their existing LMT for little cost when it is released.

Registered
That鈥檚 awesome. Could you do a video? Personally, I love my FMT Card, but I don鈥檛 think I would had ever purchased it had I not seen the videos prior to forking over the cash.

Registered
That鈥檚 awesome. Could you do a video? Personally, I love my FMT Card, but I don鈥檛 think I would had ever purchased it had I not seen the videos prior to forking over the cash.
We will do a detailed video and launch a media campaign when the update comes out and compare it to the then latest version of the others.

Registered
Couple of things...
This is on a HDS-12 Carbon
The strike lines chart took much longer than any other charts I鈥檝e ran to load. It鈥檚 is a 128GB Card.
I had the MFD in my lap and the unit got pretty hot while browsing the map on the SL. Gonna do similar browsing with it on the gimbal and see if similar happens.
All three charts are dated - not sure how much on each. I check areas that I鈥檝e had a boat that show dry land on all three.
I鈥檒l be getting the LMT when the updated maps come out.

Registered
ISLA has just acquired new imagery for most of southern LA, and the coastline of MS, AL of FL dated 2019 and 2020 and will begin working to update Louisiana in August and fill in the coastline gap to Pensacola as well. We have not seen all of the full color imagery yet but the native resolution is 3 inch and 6 inch making it an incredibly intense data set which will provide extremely clean views on chart plotters. We will begin working to assemble the LA imagery and adjust it as necessary very soon. Look for substantive image updates to the Louisiana Marine Tracks product to be available later this year. Historically, the dates of the imagery available for LA for all of the current products in the market was less than ideal. It cost us a lot to get the imagery and putting the agreement together has been months in the making but we anticipate the updated LMT product when released will be become even more popular than the current product very quickly. Current LMT customers will be able to update their existing LMT for little cost when it is released.
Have you guys considered doing a bundle for FMT and LMT?

I Love microskiff.com!
We will do a detailed video and launch a media campaign when the update comes out and compare it to the then latest version of the others.
Glen, given that LA is losing hundreds of acres of marsh land every year, how to you keep the LA chip updated? Seems like that area changes daily.

Registered
2019 Jackson Mayfly, 2018 Jackson Kilroy DT
Sounds great! Can't wait to see the final product!

Registered
I am completely satisfied with FMT and the support they have given me. I bought new electronics a few years back simply so I could run FMT.
I am completely satisfied with FMT and the support they have given me. I bought new electronics a few years back simply so I could run FMT.
waiting for mine!

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Any update when you thing the new LA card will be available?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts