Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lip Ripper
1,716 Posts
I'm pretty bias, but that color is awesome!!

Reactions: Fritz

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love that color!
Harvey, Thanks for the acknowledgement. This stage of the process has been a long time coming. I reserved the production spot back in February, travelled to Orlando and worked out all of the options with Kevin at East Cape in June. Scheduled to pick later this month as my family and I will be vacationing in Destin. So the plan is to drive to Orlando to pick up the boat and then drive back to Houston. It's all good. I'll post the final product, but hoping the finished boat will make it on the East Cape website.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! That looks awesome, you have to be pumped about it.
Hemingwhy, I am pretty pumped about it. I am already planning trips to Texas' Matagorda Bay back lakes (can't get to them in my 22' NauticStar) as well as locations in the Louisiana marsh using Google Earth for big reds on the fly!
Thanks for your post.
bigdogpeter

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YAAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!! Following!
E-money, Much obliged to be able to join the group of East Cape owners. I have to tell you, I decided on the East Cape Fury after my last incident in February when I ran aground entering West Matagorda Bay with my 22' NauticStar bay boat. I waited about 2 hours before someone came by with enough HP to pull me off the sand bar! Hopefully if I veer off the channel in the Fury and run aground I may be able to push off myself.
In any event, when Kevin sends me photos I'll go ahead and post them.
bigdogpeter

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,169 Posts
Watch the stretch of I-10 going thru Beaumont there was a couple of spots I thought might knock the axle from underneath the trailer. Went to Florida to get my HB Pro and drove straight back from Titusville to Corpus Christi TX.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
commtrd, Thanks for the heads up. TxDOT has been working on that stretch of I-10 for as long as I can remember. The three biggest logjam stretches of the trip to and from Destin are: Beaumont, Baton Rouge and Mobile. Never have been able to locate a shorter route so I am relegated to I-10.
Hoping you are loving the HB. You are in a great part of the Texas Gulf Coast to get skinny.
bigdogpeter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts