Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was in St Simons over the summer, and thanks to the MS forums advice i spent an amazing day on the water with Rob Aldridge.

Now I am going back after xmas and i think there will be a daytime flood tide during my visit. That said if i want to hit it again, but maybe try something different like the marshes, etc. is he still my guy? is fishing good at this time? I know a lot of people run micros up there, so must be a reason for that...

id like to run into the crazy shallow stuff and such if that is a thing as it is in the everglades wintertime.

Any advice is much appreciated. I know Rob will be amazing if all else fails.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wouldn't count on flood tide fishing to be too productive during the winter months. I would focus more on low tide fishing but Rob and Scott of southeastern angling each have skiffs and do a lot of winter time inshore fishing so they'll let you know whats best.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just fished w Rob yesterday! If the weather is right the low tide fishing can be good that time of year. Like others have said the flood tide stuff kind of slows down after October due to water temp and other reasons. If he’s not available Scott also has has a poling skiff like others have said. They’re fishy guys and a blast to fish with!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just fished w Rob yesterday! If the weather is right the low tide fishing can be good that time of year. Like others have said the flood tide stuff kind of slows down after October due to water temp and other reasons. If he’s not available Scott also has has a poling skiff like others have said. They’re fishy guys and a blast to fish with!
How was the water quality? Oil in places? Everywhere? Been itching to head that way again soon. Did you fish around St Simon’s?

·
Registered
139 Posts
How was the water quality? Oil in places? Everywhere? Been itching to head that way again soon. Did you fish around St Simon’s?
The fishing is great! I personally don’t think it’ll impact the catch and release fishing in the short run. I wouldn’t eat any fish in the st Simons sound as that is where the most impact has been, but there are plenty of places to fish away from the spill. The containment crews are working hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts