Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I try to fly fish as much as I can all over Tampa Bay. This time of year I know a lot of people target redfish, I've never been good at finding the big schools but I tend to target tripletail on the fly right now. Big trouts on the flats as well. Summer time its all snook and poons for me. Especially snook on the beach they usually are willing to eat and if they don't there's another taker alittle down the beach. Ive wanted to get into fishing the south shore but just haven't yet.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,712 Posts
There is a really good fly scene in the bay area. Hit some of the local shops and make some friends during fly tying nights or etc. Bar Fly, Soggy Bottom Brewery, and Tailwater Outfitters have been doing things lately. Bar Fly has been the epicenter of the local fly scene the past several years...IMHO...

Skinny Water Culture will be throwing their annual Christmas party on 12/13 in Dunedin if you want to meet a couple hundred fly focused folks all at once. *lol*

https://www.facebook.com/events/621740435028798/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.