Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can anyone recommend a stainless steel prop for my 50 hp Tohatsu on a Saltmarsh Heron 17? Don't need anything fancy just would like to upgrade from my aluminum prop. Was looking at the power tech props and may send them an email.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Did u get the stainless prop? I’m looking for one as well...Tohatsu 50hp.

·
Registered
390 Posts
+1...I'm running a Foreman prop on my Tohatsu 50 tiller.
What speeds are you getting? How can I get in touch with Jack Foreman? I don’t know Jack.

I’ve sent Powertech two emails using their contact info....and have yet to get a response.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Erin at Ankona/ Saltmarsh recommended the Powertech NREB 3 blade 10 3/8x14 on my Heron 16 with the Tohatsu 50. This is a good all rounder prop. Gets out of the hole a little quicker than the stock prop and will give you a bit more top end. I bought mine from nettle props online for 100 bucks less than Powertech sells it for.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thx all!

I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Erin at Ankona/ Saltmarsh recommended the Powertech NREB 3 blade 10 3/8x14 on my Heron 16 with the Tohatsu 50. This is a good all rounder prop. Gets out of the hole a little quicker than the stock prop and will give you a bit more top end. I bought mine from nettle props online for 100 bucks less than Powertech sells it for.
Jesse....what top speed are you getting? Thx

·
Registered
390 Posts
+1...I'm running a Foreman prop on my Tohatsu 50 tiller.

Crboggs....what top speed are you getting and at what rpm? Thx

·
Registered
730 Posts
@georgiadrifter I have run the NREB on a 16p as well as the SCB 16p plus I have a Foreman Prop that I have only run once, I would consider letting go. The NREB was ok but with the extra blade surface area my rpms were in the 5500 range. Going to the SCB got me to 5850 when trimmed and running between 35 and 36.5 mph depending on the load. I run the Chittum Mangrove.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Where are you located ? I have a prop you could try TURBO 3 blade
Thanks for the generous offer. I’m 30 miles south of Atlanta....I’m guessing you’re in FL?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,254 Posts
Crboggs....what top speed are you getting and at what rpm? Thx
All I really care about is the ability to jump on plane very quickly in very little water so I haven't really focused on RPM and top speed. That said, the few times I've run the MPH app on my phone while trimmed out in calm conditions I've been in the 34mph range.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts