Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy are towing my skiff to (Fill in the blank) March 7-14 for spring break. Where is the best place that time of year for 2 kids that have never been there to sight cast with a fly rod. Ive done Louisiana twice and had some success but those trips were in December. We live in Wilmington and are willing to drive up to 13 hours. My buddy has family near the Steinhatchee and we have been trying to get intel in that area but have not had much luck. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Camp on one of the islands in Mosquito Lagoon, fun trip even without the fishing.
Fish the creeks around St Augustine, take in the night life downtown.

·
Registered
88 Posts
For Steinhatchee give the folks at Sea Hag marina a call, they'll give you the info you need. Their cabins are great for a trip like you're planning and should be a good time for Trout and Reds. You may also want to look at St Marks (Shell Island Fish Camp), Homasassa and Cedar Creek too.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd definitely recommend the 'Hatch; great fishing around there... but not that first weekend. March 7th is IFA tournament

·
I Love microskiff.com!
734 Posts
Don’t know where you coming from but if I was still young and wild and free I’d head to somewhere between Goodland and Chokoloskee.

that time of year is stay south of Tampa.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts