Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that swears by spraying down under the cowling with CLR after every trip. It does look pretty under there does anyone else do this? Is this a good practice? Thanks.

·
I love my microskiff
1998 AC 1890 Gheenoe 13HS
398 Posts
I would NOT use CLR on my engine under any circumstances.

I use CorrosionX about 5x a year. A little goes a long way. Under the cowling looks brand new.

The Yamalube spray silicone protectant works well also. The Merc racing guys I know use CRC 5-56 with great results as well.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2010 East Cape Vantage w/2020 zuke 140
58 Posts
CRC 6-56 is good stuff. Have been using it religiously for years. Not as thick as some of the others. Spray down under cowling a few times a year.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Corrosion X,,...was a time when purchased by the case, great stuff, would also spray my trim tabs, prop and trim/tilt at end of day. I do like Corrosion Block on electric, although they are both non conductive / safe.
Quick note, spray detailer is a great easy option for the outside of cowling paint.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would NOT use CLR on my engine under any circumstances.

I use CorrosionX about 5x a year. A little goes a long way. Under the cowling looks brand new.

The Yamalube spray silicone protectant works well also. The Merc racing guys I know use CRC 5-56 with great results as well.
Agree with that 100%

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm thinking he must have misunderstood his friend. His friend may have said CRC and he heard CLR or something like that.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
191 Posts
I've used Yamaha silicone spray for years after every trip. Motor looks new. I used to use regular CRC but it always looked too oily.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts