Spilling the beans on donations !

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by noeettica, May 24, 2011.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

DONATIONS????

As you open your pockets
    for the next natural disaster,
    keep these facts in mind:

The American Red Cross President and CEO Marsha J. Evans salary for the year was $651,957 plus expenses
    The United Way President Brian Gallagher receives a $375,000 base salary along with numerous expense benefits.
    They give to illegals I will not give to them.

UNICEF CEO Caryl M. Stern receives $1,200,000 per year (100k per month) plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE .
    Less than 5 cents of your donated dollar goes to the cause

The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization. 96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause.

AND

The American Legion
    National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!
    No further comment is necessary.

Please share this with everyone you can

2. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Dave, where did you get these facts? Are you sure they are accurate?

If so, those are some incredibly ridiculous numbers, and shows they are obviously doing their jobs for other reasons than helping people and earning a modest living in the process. Greed at all costs.

Our local paper recently ran a story outlining how much of each charity goes toward admin costs, and some of them were simply shocking, like 95% as you mention. You're not giving your money to give people a cushy job, you're giving your money to help people in need.

I've also stopped supporting any business that supports, hires, or otherwise associates with illegal aliens. There's not enough to go around, it's time things changed.

Thanks for the info and the similar stance on illegals. We'll win this battle yet. 2012 is coming and there is more and more support for anti-illegal laws. VOTE!! It's the one thing they can't do (although I say that tongue in cheek because we all know of the scams that went on last election!).

-T

3. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

They came from a retired Police Officer

Please if anyone can verify one way or the other that's great !

4. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

I think your buddy is not very  accurate-

What I can tell you that Marsha Evans is not the Pres and CEO of ARC.  It is Gail McGovern.   :(

But the good news is that Gails compensation is nearly 50% higher than what was stated for Marsha!!  Almost $1mil. ;D

Here is how you check.  All compenstation must now be reported in the annual report.  Section VII of Form 990.

5. grego

grego Well-Known Member

Guidestar.org  good info.

6. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

omg!!! this info is quite shocking :eek: :eek: :eek: