Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I recently purchased a spear LTG and it has the power tech 3 blade stainless 14 pitch. With a Honda 50 tiller. Boat runs like a dream but I was curious if anyone had any input on a different pitch prop? I can get about 31 mph with 2 guys and not too heavy. Any input would be appreciated!
Thanks

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,417 Posts
Low/mid 30s is probably about right.

Jack Foreman runs a Spear himself. Give him a call and he can tell you what you need.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey guys,
I recently purchased a spear LTG and it has the power tech 3 blade stainless 14 pitch. With a Honda 50 tiller. Boat runs like a dream but I was curious if anyone had any input on a different pitch prop? I can get about 31 mph with 2 guys and not too heavy. Any input would be appreciated!
Thanks
Did you buy the skiff in palm beach island? The one that came off of a yacht?

·
Fly-By-Night
3,169 Posts
I am running a LTG w/Tohatsu 50 with PT SRD3 14p no jack-plate and getting about the same #s. Per RPMs I could drop to a 13 or (maybe)12 if loaded heavy but just haven't bothered.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am running a LTG w/Tohatsu 50 with PT SRD3 14p no jack-plate and getting about the same #s. Per RPMs I could drop to a 13 or (maybe)12 if loaded heavy but just haven't bothered.
How do you like your skiff? I am thinking about buying one....any regrets?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,417 Posts
@LowHydrogen Sometimes its funny how many people are worried about how fast these little skiffs are. A better question is how much water do you need to jump on plane and how does it bite in a turn.

Running in the 30s past half covered crab traps feels fast as hell. *lol*

·
Registered
583 Posts
@LowHydrogen Sometimes its funny how many people are worried about how fast these little skiffs are. A better question is how much water do you need to jump on plane and how does it bite in a turn.

Running in the 30s past half covered crab traps feels fast as hell. *lol*
^^^This^^^
I can run by them but I keep thinking I need a jack plate for the Tailfisher so I can also get on plane in the same depth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts