Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a evergladez and Harry said to mount the cavitation plate 1" above the bottom of the hull. Does anyone have one mounted like this? and how's the ride? Cavitation etc?
Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Follow Harry’s instruction, he knows the boat better than anyone does! It also sounds right for most hulls!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,106 Posts
Was your gladesx a tunnel? how far above the transom cld you run without cavitation?
I can run around all day with my motor jacked all the way up. Just did so around Ozello this past weekend. See the pic below...

The cav plate mounts to your motor, not your transom...so your plate height depends on motor height and/or jack plate settings...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,929 Posts
Was your gladesx a tunnel? how far above the transom cld you run without cavitation?
No tunnel, regular transom, sra 12" power tech prop s/s 5850 rpm @ 33/30 gps dependent on load. 19"+ motor height on 4" Vance jack plate. Yamaha 2006 2 cylinder 2 stroke, 25 , highly modded with hydro tec parts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks, I should be getting my motor at some point this week, gonna mount it 1 inch above bottom, but leave an extra bolt hole for wiggle room. Looking forward to splashing it minus the breakin period. apreciate it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
No tunnel, regular transom, sra 12" power tech prop s/s 5850 rpm @ 33/30 gps dependent on load. 19"+ motor height on 4" Vance jack plate. Yamaha 2006 2 cylinder 2 stroke, 25 , highly modded with hydro tec parts.
This is something I never would have done until I came on this forum. Learned a lot from you guys. (remember some of it) Now I've seen a shallow water boat that is not a poling skiff with the motor so high you just knew it would burn. Then I saw a video of it in action. Appears to defy natural physics but of course it does not. Anyway these guys will set you straight on EVERYTHING. If you want to nuclear power your boat someone here will tell you how.........I'm sure........well.......pretty sure.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
This vid is impressive

1 - 15 of 15 Posts