Spear Glades X Tunnel

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by johnbw620, Jul 29, 2015.

1. johnbw620

johnbw620 I Love microskiff.com!

http://vid1186.photobucket.com/albums/z375/johnbw620/Harry%20Spear_zpspj3ui3cm.mp4

Hull, 20 hp 4-stroke Yamaha, Magic Tilt Trailor, $12,500.  Call Harry for more info, 850-545-8578.

2. pt448

pt448 Well-Known Member

That is impressive.

3. jonterr

jonterr I Love microskiff.com!

4. mike_parker

mike_parker I Love microskiff.com!

Wonder what running that skinny does to the seabed?? Go around! I think this video sends a poor message. Just sayin.

5. johnboy1114

johnboy1114 I Love microskiff.com!

I didn't watch the video again but if I remember from the first time I saw it no grass beds were hurt. A lot of places don't habe grass, sand and mud. That said just cause it can go that shallow doesn't mean you have to. Grest boat from a great builder.

6. pt448

pt448 Well-Known Member

I'm sure that sand will be just fine. There are lots of places around the country where running shallow flats with a mud or sand bottom will open up a lot of fishing to you. Not everywhere has fragile grass under the water. This skiff looks like a great fishing tool in responsible hands.

William Davis likes this.
  7. Vining

Vining I Love microskiff.com!

Is this your boat for sale or are you saying call the shop?

8. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

park has a good point.

lot of responsability and caution needed with a skiff that will skim like that.

nice skiff / ability either way.
    :)

9. johnbw620

Riverpirate, not my skiff, call the shop. I've got a Glades X, but not with the tunnel. Harry built it on spec, was pleased with the results, and I think it'd be a good choice for someone who fishes areas where a tunnel makes sense.

Park and Anytide, point taken about running skinny - but the video was meant to highlight capabilities, not an endorsement of irresponsible behavior.

10. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

[smiley=1-thumbsup2.gif]

i was refrring to the act not you in particular.
    the environment aside, youll have a good chance of hitting a log / rock / trap / Hoffa etc.. :cool:

nice skiff...

11. mike_parker

J Dad, Don't think for one minute that this skiff's new owners won't wonder how skinny they can go and will want to duplicate the video. I just don't like the message the video represents.

12. johnbw620

Park, I don't agree. Someone buying a skiff from Harry is apt to be experienced enough with shallow water fishing to use the tunnel for its advantages, not just to show off. His boats are simple, dead quiet, and easy to pole. This one happens to have a tunnel for someone who wants that feature for long runs over benign, shallow bottom. Sorry if the video struck a nerve with you.

13. roto77777

roto77777 Well-Known Member

Obviously no one here complaining has run the mile and miles of mud flats in S Texas, or fished the Big Bend area of Florida.
    There have been times I ran and missed a channel and began to hit bottom. That decision to power through, or sit down and push your way out is split second.
    If I knew my boat had capabilities like that, I would feel confident that I could get back in the channel quickly with as little damage as possible.

My speedometer says 120, but that doesn't mean I want to do that. Same with the video.

14. jonterr

My opinion
    Funny thread ;D

15. jonterr

Do yall rake over your footprints when u walk down the beach?

Smackdaddy53 and William Davis like this.
  16. mike_parker

JT, Good point. I might think about it though if I ran a tractor/plow rig down that same beach.

17. crisslackwater

crisslackwater I Love microskiff.com!

All I want are some more pictures showing the interior and a lead on a 2002 Yamaha 3 cylinder 25.

18. coconutgroves

coconutgroves Well-Known Member

Throw a poling platform and a grab bar on there and I am game.

19. mike_parker

Great post, over 1600 views!