Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question on tire size for a spare. I’m currently running 5.30 x 12 load stars on the trailer right now. Looking to get a back up before a trip coming up. I have a local marine liquidation center near me and they have 4.80x12 on a rim for $50 saving me a couple bucks. Only thing I can see in difference is width of tire? Should be fine as a back up?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is it a 5 bolt hub? If so should be ford bolt pattern or 5 on 41/2 should look into going to a 13 inch or 14 rim and tire set up will also make your bearings happier. Home depot has wheel and tire assembly for 70$

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for responding guys. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on buying it for a backup. The only difference is the width of the surface of the tire. It’s a load star tire on a galvanized rim for 40 bucks. Can’t really beat that IMO. For something to limp off the highway with if needed. Saved me almost $60 from West Marine as they had the only thing close to what I needed. Walmart not Home Depot had what I needed in the short time. Hitting the road south this evening when the wife gets off work! Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts