Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Just recently I embarked on a new adventure to catalog all my fishing adventures and started a YouTube Channel. Feel Free to check it out and tell me what you think. Hope 2020 brings some tight lines to everyone!

YouTube Search: TXSOLO LIVIN

Link is below:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Dude if you are going to try to represent Texas please learn how to use a baitcaster. Maybe even take up fly fishing. The spinning reel should only be used by guys from Florida, when it is very windy and by old people and children.
Tight Lines (with a baitcaster)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Use that spinner and be in the proud minority of us Texans that get to fish, rather than pick out backlashes half the trip!

Good video, glad to see people you're on the water and catching fish.
Appreciate it, thank you!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dude if you are going to try to represent Texas please learn how to use a baitcaster. Maybe even take up fly fishing. The spinning reel should only be used by guys from Florida, when it is very windy and by old people and children.
Tight Lines (with a baitcaster)
So if you use a spinner you can't fish in TX? Come on man. Let the guy fish how he wants to. I mainly fly fish and can throw a baitcaster just fine, however if I'm gear fishing I use a spinner. Why? Because with that spinner I can turn around and chuck a light lure back into the wind at a fish way easier than with a baitcaster.
@E.Gomez fish how you want and enjoy it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
So if you use a spinner you can't fish in TX? Come on man. Let the guy fish how he wants to. I mainly fly fish and can throw a baitcaster just fine, however if I'm gear fishing I use a spinner. Why? Because with that spinner I can turn around and chuck a light lure back into the wind at a fish way easier than with a baitcaster.
@E.Gomez fish how you want and enjoy it.
I said if it's windy it's OK. You guys from Corpus get butt hurt so easily. Don't ever get a job on an oil rig.
Hell I'm building a spinning rod right now for a reel someone gave me, but I will only use it when no one is looking.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,169 Posts
I said if it's windy it's OK. You guys from Corpus get butt hurt so easily. Don't ever get a job on an oil rig.
Hell I'm building a spinning rod right now for a reel someone gave me, but I will only use it when no one is looking.
Ha. Worked on drilling and production offshore GOM. Worked in the den of vipers known as Valero Corpus Christi analyzer and instrument shop. Check. Dealt with unions in Ohio. Check. ExxonMobil in Beaumont and Baytown. Check. Dow Freeport. Etc etc over 30 years. Yeah, no butthurt here. =) Have and will continue to use spinning gear IF I am not casting fly line. Obsessed with fishing on the fly. Bait casters, not likely.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ha. Worked on drilling and production offshore GOM. Worked in the den of vipers known as Valero Corpus Christi analyzer and instrument shop. Check. Dealt with unions in Ohio. Check. ExxonMobil in Beaumont and Baytown. Check. Dow Freeport. Etc etc over 30 years. Yeah, no butthurt here. =) Have and will continue to use spinning gear IF I am not casting fly line. Obsessed with fishing on the fly. Bait casters, not likely.
I can confirm the pit of vipers at Valero still exists.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I absolutely hate spinning tackle, but not the users of such. Hate spinning gear so much I won’t fish if that’s all that’s available. There’s no accounting for tastes.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,169 Posts
I absolutely hate spinning tackle, but not the users of such. Hate spinning gear so much I won’t fish if that’s all that’s available. There’s no accounting for tastes.
Pretty much how I feel about bait casters. Although I still do have a couple of the damned things sitting in the garage, so I might just go grab one and try to cast it again. On a whim... Fortunately we are still apparently free enough to choose what fishing gear we utilize. =)

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,169 Posts
I love this site. This kid post a video of him catching some fish and we turn it into heated debate about spinning gear vs casting vs fly. These kind of discussions make my boring ass work day go by slightly quicker. I love it
It's a fluid situation man. Gotta roll with it... =)

What bothers me a LOT more than purported virtues or lack thereof with baitcasters, spin, or fly, is the fact I don't get to fish during the week and am still trading time for money. Now THAT bothers me. Seriously. IF I could devise a way to become independent of a J.O.B. but had to only cast a bait caster, DONE.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I use both spin & casters (still learning the whole fly thing) and I think they each have their usefulness depending on the situation. I only use bc's when fishing for bass, old habit and just can't break it. I use them in the salt when fishing topwater or plugs. I will use them jigs as well. I usually use a spinning setup when throwing spoons and jigs. When I do occasionally break out a popping cork I will only use spinning. Although a ned rig on a light spinning setup is great and the fight is pretty awesome. Basically to each their own and just go have fun and try to catch fish.

Reactions: commtrd

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ok ok ok, if your nipple deep looking for big trout a baitcaster is way easier not to dunk...... but I never said that.

Oh and a zebco on a 12 foot ugly stick loaded with 60lb braid is the only way to go for croaker soaking, imho

·
Banned
12,340 Posts
I love this site. This kid post a video of him catching some fish and we turn it into heated debate about spinning gear vs casting vs fly. These kind of discussions make my boring ass work day go by slightly quicker. I love it
How’s that Zephyr Cove Customs spinning rod been?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts