Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my wife and I are heading to South Caicos in July. I'm planning on bringing a fly rod and spinning rod for some opportunities at bonefish, etc. Mostly that will be targets of opportunity and maybe a few dedicated hours. I saw a couple threads on the area a while back, just looking for any new info and tips. I'll be using a 7 or 8 wt and will have an appropriate spinning rod/reel as well for my wife. I fish for redfish and trout regularly, but not done bonefish before. I'll be tying up some flies based on what I saw in the other posts. I'm open to a guide for a day, but the prices I've seen are astronomical and my wife probably wouldn't be thrilled with a full day of fishing! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I can't help you out with the fishing, but bring back,as many as you can, bottles of 15 yo Bambarra rum.

·
Registered
Flats Stalker 18
32 Posts
I've heard the super skinny water is vast, such that the guides use airboats to get around. I bet DIY style you can still find some fish on foot. But even if a guided day is a tough sell to mama, it sounds like the only way to really see the fishery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts