Sources for fishing apparel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AfterHours2, Dec 6, 2012.

1. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

A few years ago I got tired of the same old Guy Harvey, Salt life, etc, etc brands of clothing. I enjoy the freedom of being able to wear clothing that is original and not seen every time I visit the local stores. I figured this would be a good place to share the authentic and original sites that I typically shop at while avoiding the long lines...
    First off is skinny water culture. Awesome gear and probably one of the best when it comes to timely shipping.
    Second is Flood tide. The selection is not as abundant but overall they have some really unique designs.
    These are mainly the two that come to mind but feel free to share any other sites that you all may use...

2. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

Southern Marsh has some UPF long sleeves but they might be too preppy for some.

Bay N bayou Outfitter IN Alabama

12wt LLC for hats and gloves

SaltyShores.com has a webstore with some items as well such as UPF long sleeves.

Your local CCA chapter should have a web store as well with branded apparel, plus you get to support that CCA chapter.

3. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Designer clothes for fishing?
    Somebody has been watching too many WFN commercials... ;)

Note if you will the fine sportswear adorning our model below...

[​IMG]

Basic straw hat, understated yet displaying those clean classic lines.
    Cotton long sleeve shirt to protect from biting insects and the painful burn of the sun.
    Khakis to cover the tender skin of the legs from fins, hooks, to wipe hands on,
    and to protect the eyes of others from the glare of reflected light off bony white knees.
    The ensemble is carried at all discount department stores and thrift shops.
    Ideal for fishing, diving, crabbing and lounging at the local bar and grill after a hard days fun.

4. AfterHours2

Nobody said anything about designer clothing. For the older crowd, what you describe is spot on. Im talking t shirts. I wear long sleeve shirts and paints 5 days a week. Be dayumed if I am going to walk around town looking like Gilligan on my days off... Not gonna happen. My idea of being comfortable is not having 90% of my body covered by pants, long sleeves, mosquito nets, etc... Thx for the insight though Brett... :D

5. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

;D I'm so easily entertained ;D

6. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

I fish and surf naked, proabably why nobody wants to join me.
    Keeps people from comin up close and stealing my spots

7. cutrunner

Pics if anyones interested??

8. AfterHours2

I typically draft a few inches less when I fish naked. Reason being, I can leave the rod, push pole and stick it anchor at home. I still bring the reel though of course.. :D

9. cutrunner

What attatchment bracket are you using?

10. AfterHours2

The new G-Loomis Pubicle reel seat. I've tried others but hands down the Loomis is the lightest on the market...

11. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Wow this took a turn for the worst quick.... Lol

As stated above, SWC is all I wear.
    But that may be bias. Lol

I'm working with a couple websites about possibly putting some of my artwork on their shirts. Just working out the numbers and such.

When it's not fishing clothing, I like to wear Young & Reckless.

12. AfterHours2

Make sure to let us know when your art shirts become a reality. I enjoy sporting the unusual/ non name brand clothing and the support for the small business. Keep us posted brother..