Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys,

I am debating on getting a wet sound stealth sound bar and attaching it to my poling platform.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
468 Posts
x2 on a removable bluetooth speaker...I have an altec lansing lifejacket 2, works great. loud enough to hear over my 4stroke at 45mph.

as for my opinion of soundbars on platforms..definitely a convenient place to put something like that but probably a pain to wire...and its not a ski boat lol

·
Registered
939 Posts
I enjoy the silence while fishing, but when I bring the wife she likes to listen to some music. I carry a Bose Bose SoundLink speaker, rechargeable, IPX4-Rated Water Resistant and last all day on the water.

Has great sound quality and I can leave at home when fishing alone.

Reactions: sjrobin

·
Registered
569 Posts
Having any permanent sound system on a skiff is a huge turn off to a lot of people. Myself included. Just something to consider if you ever have to sell your skiff down the road. Portable Bluetooth speaker is cheap, easy, portable, and doesn't use any boat battery.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Having any permanent sound system on a skiff is a huge turn off to a lot of people. Myself included. Just something to consider if you ever have to sell your skiff down the road. Portable Bluetooth speaker is cheap, easy, portable, and doesn't use any boat battery.
not to mention speaker magnets and batteries add weight

if someone like wet sounds made a portable soundbar that could perform similarly, Id probably consider it for those sand bar trips

·
I Love microskiff.com!
697 Posts
I agree with quiet on the boat most of the time. But running home in the afternoon, I like to enjoy a cold beverage and some Waylon or something along those lines.

I tried this portable (https://www.fugoo.com/fugoo-tough-xl/) which is a great little speaker, but it wasn't loud enough to hear at cruise with a Yam 2-stroke.

So I put a Wet Sounds Stealth 6 under the platform. Yep, running the wires down through the platform leg sucked, but in my case I'd say it was worth it. The speaker is completely out of the way, plenty loud to hear at cruise or from a few yards away on the beach, maintenance free so far, and didn't require cutting any holes. Sound is nice and clean even at full volume but obviously lacks bass.

IMG_6985w.jpg

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
So I put a Wet Sounds Stealth 6 under the platform.
That's the same one I have. Even mounted it in the same place. It's a fun little piece of equipment but I'm still salty about the $400 I had to throw away to get it. A friend of mine has two UE wireless speakers that are a lot louder and in my opinion sound better. Price wise the two are similar. Wetsounds is a much cleaner install vs having to kick around two wireless speakers. Being connected to the house 12v system is another nice thing about wet sounds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same wetsounds bar mounted under my platform as well - it was on the skiff when I bought it. Probably wouldn't have dropped the money and messed with the install myself but I love having it there. It's clean and out of the way and a solid speaker.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not to mention speaker magnets and batteries add weight

if someone like wet sounds made a portable soundbar that could perform similarly, Id probably consider it for those sand bar trips
I recommended that to Wet Sounds. I would be buying it today!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
374 Posts
Small Fugoo here. Not worth using while running but once anchored up or adrift it works great. 40 hr run time and pretty decent sound even if a bit “tinny” sounding. ...and it’s waterproof. After dickin’ around with traditional units on my Pathy got years, I’ll never hard wire a sound system in a boat again.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I was given a sound bar for a product video and took it off a week later. In my opinion, it's just not a good look. You can get the same sound and performance from portable bluetooth speakers at a fraction of the price. On the flip side, if you're looking for a permanent solution install some 6.5" marine speakers.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
535 Posts
I have the UE Mega boom which I love!
I put it in my strip and feed stripping basket one day to get it out of the way and it was incredible how much more bass it gave it
Just a tip for you fly guys if you want more bass

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,134 Posts
That's what I want. Pull up to a pristine flat, start poling and boom diga boom from another boat
I don't have any speakers or Bluetooth or pod cast of mp3 on my boat and my grandsons aged 20-10 don't ever ask for any of the above racket makers
yea I'm a crumugen and proud of it

1 - 20 of 56 Posts