Sorry not fishing related (job searching)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pitpok, May 23, 2008.

1. pitpok

pitpok Well-Known Member

Well...My potential job fell through so now I am in the process of career searching.  
    I know that networking is the best way to get your name out so here I go...
    I recently graduated from the University of North Florida with a BA in Criminology and Criminal Justice.  I have an up to date resume so if anyone knows of anyone hiring I’m all ears.  I have many years of customer service experience so please don't feel that Criminal Justice is the only thing that I would be interested in.  I am open to new learning experiences.  I am a fast enthusiastic learner.  I am known for achieving and exceeding goals.  So, please if you or someone you might know that might be interested in seeing my resume please email me at atm8_2000@yahoo.com.  Thank you for your consideration.

Andrew

2. McFly

McFly Well-Known Member

It is all about networking.  Due to a chapter 11 and closing of my division the job I had for about the last decade ended and I have been out of work for 2 months.  I talked to everyone I knew, told them what I wanted, and in the end I had four good offers to choose from.   Friends and colleagues are a blessing, and all seemed to want to help so don't hesitate to reach out (and likewise, return the favor when you can).

I have accepted a position and will start June 2.  All the honey-dos are just about done, and note that the winds will lay down starting that week.   :p  

Might help if you explain what you like to do, what your interests are, and your career goals.

Good luck, hang in there, and be persistent!

3. thresher

thresher Well-Known Member

I, too, will keep an ear out if I know what you're looking for. I am hiring but the pay is so miserable that you DON'T want to work for the company I work for. I am always looking for an out. Not because of job satisfaction (I love my job) but because of pay. But, having said that, I talk to folks of all levels all day so tell me what you're interested in. StAugustine is a beautiful area.
    Thresh