Sony Cameras

Discussion in 'Photo Hut' started by perrymcfly, Apr 19, 2017.

1. perrymcfly

perrymcfly Active Member

Anyone shooting any of the interchangeable lens cameras from Sony? I've got a buddy who recently starting shooting with the a7 and he absolutely loves it. Plus they're coming out with the a9 but that baby has a pretty price tag. Just looking for some feedback.

2. scissorhands

scissorhands I Love microskiff.com!

I have an A7 and a A6500. What ya want to know?

3. perrymcfly

perrymcfly Active Member

Overall opinion of photo quality vs. video. I'm sure it's phenomenal either direction, have you found any cons or dislikes with either yet? I've seen photo and video from the A7 and that puppy seems to do well in either. Also heard that they're great for low light conditions.

Really just an overall opinion about the camera and the quality that you've seen. I know it seems broad but until I can put my hands on one, I can't nail down any specific issues I'd like to know about yet.

4. scissorhands

The way I see it: The A6500 is the top of the line APS-c camera with all the bells and whistles.
    The Sony A7 is a entry level full frame camera with not a lot of bells and whistles.
    The A6500 has better focus and in body image stabilization, the A7 does not.
    I had the A7 first, then upgraded to the A6500.

perrymcfly likes this.
  5. scissorhands

The base A7 does not have the picture profiles like its bigger brothers in the A7 series where as the A6500 has all of them (from cine profiles to s-log3) and then some.

perrymcfly likes this.
  6. perrymcfly

perrymcfly Active Member

Thanks for the info, I'm meeting up with a friend to give his A7 a try next week so we'll see what happens.

scissorhands likes this.