SOLD/EXPIRED Someone was asking about the Garmin 76CS (Cheap!)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by thresher, Jan 9, 2008.

1. thresher

thresher Well-Known Member

We have one at the store that is brand new but one of the batteries leaked some acid in the unit (just cosmetic) so I have to sell it at cost. This unit is brand new, never been 15 feet from the locked display cabinet and only had batteries for limited display. In other words, it's been on maybe 20 minutes of its life. Buy it for 199.99 and we'll throw in FedEx from Austin. This is $100 cheaper than the unit lists. All warranties etc transfer as a new unit of course and if you want to buy an ESP we can do that too (but that's up to you, not contingent).
    Let me know,
    Thresh

*edit - link to unit: http://www.digitalgiftstore.com/010-00353-00.html
    RAM mounts are only $20 +/-

2. bmann420

bmann420 Well-Known Member

Re: Someone was asking about the Garmin 76CS (Chea

Hey Thresher...that was me looking for the GPS. Can you tell me the the minor damage form the battery acid will keep th eunit from being water proof? My skiff is pretty wet and I knot it's gonna probably get soaked. Also, what is an ESP?

3. thresher

thresher Well-Known Member

Re: Someone was asking about the Garmin 76CS (Chea

The minor acid damage is very minor. Duh. that makes no sense does it. The damage is just from one of the AA batteries leaking a little and is mostly cosmetic. It will not affect the function of the unit in any way. An ESP is the warranty from Boaters World. It says "anything happens to the unit" (like failing waterproof function, etc) for whatever number of years you want to buy and we give you a brand new unit. This would be especially cool as you would get a new unit, not just the sales price towards a new unit. - hint hint-

PM me if you have any questions. Thresh