Some highlights from Obama's healthcare plan

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Strike_III, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Strike_III

Strike_III Well-Known Member

Unbelievable !!!

• Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
    • Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
    • Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
    • Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
    • Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
    • Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
    • Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
    • Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
    • Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
    • Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
    • Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens
    • Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
    • Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
    • Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
    • Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
    • Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.
    • Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.
    • Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll
    • Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
    • Page 167: Any individual who doesnt' have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
    • Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them).
    • Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
    • Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax." Yes, it really says that.
    • Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor most affected."
    • Page 241: Doctors: no matter what speciality you have, you'll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
    • Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their professional judgment, etc.
    • Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
    • Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs.
    • Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
    • Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems preventable re-admissions.
    • Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
    • Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing in healthcare companies!
    • Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without government approval.
    • Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input: in other words, yet another payoff for ACORN.
    • Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures: i.e., rationing.
    • Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc.
    • Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
    • Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by phone).
    • Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
    • Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of time.
    • Page 425: Goverment provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in death.
    • Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
    • Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
    • Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at end-of-life.
    • Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.
    • Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs for ACORN.
    • Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government intervenes in your marriage.
    • Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and rationing those services.

2. rkmurphy

rkmurphy Well-Known Member

Good post. Unbelievable is right...it makes me sick to my stomach. Let's hope this doesn't go through...the American healthcare system and the economy will falter because of it.

3. Strike_III

Strike_III Well-Known Member

A friend just sent me this. A long shot but I'm glad someone is trying to stop the healthcare bill.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 28, 2009

BAKER AND PLAKON FILE FLORIDA HEALTH CARE FREEDOM ACT

Saying they are giving Floridians a chance to "fight back", State Senator Carey Baker (R-Eustis) and State Representative Scott Plakon (R-Longwood) filed legislation yesterday to amend Florida's Constitution to prohibit any law or rule from forcing people into a one size fits all, federally mandated health care system such as that being rushed through Congress. HJR 37 and the Senate companion legislation would preserve the freedom of our citizens to choose the kind of care they want or need.

"Today, we're drawing the line in the sand. It is bad enough that our federal government wants to choose your doctor and ration your treatment," Baker said. "But to do so virtually in secret and in such a rush proves that the goal is not to get better health care but to get socialized health care. Congress' plan even penalizes people that want to pay for their own lawful health care services. That's just wrong."

“The federal government and its bureaucracies dictating who, when and what kind of treatment you receive is not reform at all,” said Representative Plakon. “Senator Baker and I feel it is our duty to step up and reassert the rights of Floridians, in this case protecting our citizens’ rights and freedoms to make appropriate decisions as it relates to their own health care. We believe this unprecedented power-grab by President Obama and Congress is clearly not in the best interests of the citizens of Florida.”

Plakon added historical context to this important legislation, pointing out that in 1787, Dr. Benjamin Rush, America’s foremost respected physician of his time, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, and a delegate to the Constitutional Convention, worked diligently to have the protection of “medical freedom” as a key addition to the US Constitution. Dr. Rush warned that medicine could become “an undercover dictatorship and force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what the dictating outfit offers."

Baker and Plakon agreed that America's health care system provides the most advanced health care opportunities in the world and that totally dismantling it is a dangerous step backwards. They went on to say that the fear of the federal government rationing care is a very real consequence of the legislation Congress is trying to ram through. Both said that efforts to improve health care access and affordability are important, but that the starting point in those efforts must start with protecting people's freedom in choosing doctors, treatments and insurance options.

To amend Florida's Constitution, the Florida House and Senate must pass the referendum language in next year's legislative session with a super majority (3/5) voting in favor. Then the measure goes before the voters in the 2010 November general election and must pass with at least 60% voting in favor.
    ABOUT CAREY BAKER: Senator Carey Baker has served in the Florida Army National Guard for over 28 years. Most recently, he was deployed for a year in Iraq’s Sunni Triangle during Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Carey is also the owner of the nation’s oldest continuously operating gun shop, the A.W. Peterson Gun Shop in Mount Dora, Florida.

Carey currently represents Florida’s 20th District in the State Senate, which includes parts of Lake, Marion, Volusia, Seminole and Sumter Counties. He has announced his candidacy for Florida Commissioner of Agriculture (www.careybaker.com), a position that oversees the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and is one of four statewide elected members of the Florida Cabinet.

Follow the Campaign on:

Political advertisement paid for and approved by Carey Baker,
    Republican, for Commissioner of Agriculture

Carey Baker Campaign | PO Box 345 | Mt. Dora, FL 32756
    Unsubscribe me from this list

4. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

We need more than hope!

Stand up and tell people around you. They'll call you names, think you're nuts, but maybe they'll listen too. If they don't listen and speak up too, in 10 years we'll all be aware of the diaster becacuse we'll be up to our elbows in this crap.

5. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

A SIMPLE FIX:

1.Clinics $50 a visit -stops hos.emer. rm. visits
    2.Legislation stopping people from being dropped when ill or lost job--premiums to be paid by insured
    3.cross state competition
    4.total tax deduction for all premiums paid

No government involvement or bureaucracies

YES! I am running for President [smiley=dancing-smilie.gif] [smiley=1-laugh.gif]

6. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

Good ideas, but for conversation's sake...

1. Don't we already have a government run health department in nearly every town, some have several. What do they do? Are they so inefficient that no one wants to go there? Hmmm....

2. We do that now with COBRA, don't we? Of course if one can't pay the premium, there's no coverage, the policy lapses. Same with any insurance.

3. I agree completely

4. There's no reason why if my employer pays my health insurance premiums, that I should get a tax break on that income, but if you go out and buy your own policy, those income dallars you owe tax on. It says more about the tax system we have than our healthcare.

The thing is, this isn't about health care, taxes, etc. It's more so about the governemnt controling people, making decisions for them, deciding how much money they get to keep, etc. Defeating this disaster of a health care plan is merely treating a sore caused by a larger cancer, the out of control, over reaching US government in place today. We need to administer some chemo-therapy to rid ourselves of this cancer soon, otherwise it'll be too late.

7. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

1.yes/no there are income requirements--not enough of them--mandate they be used 1st instead of er

2.Cobra is only for 6 months also, preexisting condition thing again

3.10-4

4.I am confuuuused!    Political reality is that the give me's have been wrked up to a fever pitch--so get a tax break for premiums paid--no excuse now--no new gov. agency and no control or vote buying ,which this is ,to keep them in power.

I am retired and we are paying $1200+ a month premium for two people--it is the single biggest expense we have. we left fl because we could not afford to stay.Yet, we do not want this crap.
    This crew is so out of control it is scary.Their glassy eyed supporters have no clues and are doomed to repeat history--remember the animal farm book!!!

The public is stupid---some body has to pay for it some time and the ones not wrking are not paying for it...time for a [smiley=1-beer.gif]

8. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

I didn't vote for Obama.....
    I'm just saying. :-/

9. rkmurphy

rkmurphy Well-Known Member

People with common sense and intelligence didn't vote for him either ;D

10. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Although the Baker/Plakon bill has good intentions it is destined to be a quagmire via protectionism.

The reason is that the States can not enforce laws that supercede Federal Laws and if the State does not adhere to Federal Guidelines there will be serious repercussions. Quick example: Montana refused to abide by the 70 MPH rule and the Fed pulled ALL higway funding for the State until they complied.

If this Bill passes and then the National Plan is enacted Florida could find itself in a very bad situation.

It is my opinion that Mr. Obama's current plan is illfated but I do believe that the Dem's will push through some salmagundi just to continue the vigorous growth of Government employment and to show everyone that the Govt is looking out for YOUR wellbeing.

As an example of PUSHING: the Federal Govt enacted a plan that if you take a Federal Direct student loan and then take a Govt job after graduating from college for 10 years they will forgive the balance of your student loans. FACT: went into effect July 1, 2009. OPINION: just one more knife in the ribs for the private sector.

I am fearful of this administration.