Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Solo Tarpon

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Scott Kor 
#1 ·
Went out on my own for three days near Carabelle on the panhandle last weekend. Days one and two were blown out by the weather, but day three was perfect in the morning. I could see Tarpon crossing the flat from a good distance. I had made the mistake of leaving my tarpon fly box on the table, but I had tied 4 new flies the night before and they were with me. Everything came together and I was able to boat a beautiful 59 inch long fish. I got the best parts of the fight on my Gopro before it ran out of juice. Attached is the lucky fly and a still of the tarpon from my Gopro video. Catching those guys can fix your attitude about life. I have been grinning like a fool all week and nothing has been able to bother me. Thank you Lord, may I please have another!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
#6 ·
Yes, pretty simple just a stiff mono loop to keep the tail from fouling, a black dragon tail (mini size shortened to about 3.5 inches, purple and black brush collar and some large stainless bead chain eyes tied on top the hook so as not to impede the hook gap. All tied on a 3/0 Gami Tarpon hook. I can probably tie those in 3 minutes each with all the materials laid out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.