Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Drake Outlaw
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2020 Drake Outlaw, Side console. Hull # 22. This is, and was the last side console Drake will ever build. The side console option was a several thousand-dollar upgrade and added several weeks production time, therefor Drake discontinued them on the Outlaw. Rare opportunity to own one of only a few side consoles made.

Mint condition, loaded. Kingston Grey and Aquamist Awlgrip with 2 tone nonskid topside
30 HP Suzuki, 3 blade Stainless Powertech...25 Hours!!! (multiple years left on warranty)
Raymarine Axiom 7 W/ GPS booster puck flush mounted in platform and navionics ENTIRE gulf coast chip.
54 lbs / 12V Minn Kota Powerdrive with Remote (been wet twice)
21 foot Stiffy guide push pole
Ex Large Carbon Evolution casting platform
Storm Grey and Seafoam Seadek, color coordinated
Edson Blackops power wheel with 2 tone matching wrap and Drake power knob
V marine pushpole holders on deck and platform pole holder
Tab on platform with all around white light
Diamond Seadek inside rear hatch to channel water and keep tackle dry
Ramlin Dry launch trailer
TH marine steering-ram security locks
33 MPH with one person, 30 with 2 folks. 11-13 MPG.
Boat is located near Port Neches, TX in my climate controlled garage. Flushed and washed after each of the handful of times its been out. Waxed 4 times in the months I've owned it. Crazy light (320 lbs) plus the outboard (161 lbs), total package is a touch lighter than the trailer. Trailers well because of the low center of gravity. Poles with zero effort. Honest 5-6" boat loaded and fishing two.

This boat is a custom built original, not a side console conversion, so it does not have the wide bar poling platform that came with the tillers. The platform was formed by Drake for a traditional shape and is the only one in existence. The boat is mint and worth well over 40K...Yes, Drake is aware im looking for a larger boat, i reached out to them to avoid drama after a quick sale, and the other owner of the outlaw side console (that's also in good shape). Charles and I stay in touch and he can vouch for the level of care i've given this boat, among a few others on MS. 17 year active duty Coast Guard member with military grade OCD so it's spotless, lol...I don't want to sell, but I have a son that turned 5 and I refuse to turn him down on going out in the boat another time. Im going to a larger, more family friendly rig. I can tell you anything and everything you want to know about the boat.

Alan Feeser
352-Five52-Five006
or PM.

$36,500 …Let’s talk...motivated

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Drake Outlaw
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
A few more ...

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Drake Outlaw
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a shame they aren't offering that anymore - I like the side better than the center! She's a beauty, GLWS
Yea, its a blast to drive. It’s unreal to have the security and control of a steering console in such a true, light technical poling skiff...she drives like a race car...and because drake boatworks is badass, they installed hydraulic steering on a 30 HP outboard....it can be handled with one finger!...steers like butter! So plush.

·
Registered
2020 Drake Outlaw
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love the color combo. Did you ever get a chance to take it oceanside? Just wondering about how it handles.
No sir, it never left the marsh. I’m stationed on the TX/LA line so plenty of soft bottom marsh and chubby redfish to be had...even the beach here only consists of ankle snappers unless bad weather comes through. Regardless, I see no reason to take it outside. It’s a very purpose built boat and I’ve yet to get inside another skiff that can do what this one can. I’m 6’4” and 255 and with some elbow grease, can pole it across the soft mud here if there’s 1-2 inches of water to help add lift. It’s light enough to use the foot of the pole to paddle like an oar.

·
Registered
2005 Gordon Waterman 18'
87 Posts
Would you want to trade for a Gordon Waterman 18 plus cash?

·
Registered
2020 Drake Outlaw
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Have hull #21. Had drake put the same poling tower on as in the pics. Had H&M balance the boat. 36mph with 40 e-tec, average 12mpg
Oh ok! Cool, I was told this was the only one with this platform. Yours was the conversion I’m being told about? Or built new? Either way, they’re crazy capable little boats!

·
Registered
2020 Drake Outlaw
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would you want to trade for a Gordon Waterman 18 plus cash?
I am looking to get into a larger skiff but not sure, details of the waterman would be important obviously. Pls send me all info and pics PM

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Looks better than new. The cleanest side console rigging I have seen. I felt a tingle.

Reactions: Bertrand

·
Registered
2020 Drake Outlaw
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BUILT NEW
Yes, that was a question. Some have been built new as a tiller with a different platform, and then built to have a side console mated to the deck for them since there’s no lines, they are solid, one piece attached consoles, not a bolt on unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, that was a question. Some have been built new as a tiller with a different platform, and then built to have a side console mated to the deck for them since there’s no lines, they are solid, one piece attached consoles, not a bolt on unit.
Yes, drake built it new for my son and as far as i know it was the first to have the standard shape tower for an Outlaw. They do a great job tapeing in those side consoles, seamless. Had H n M Boatworks work on the balance and a few other details. These little skiffs are amazing in a chop as well as skinny skinny water.

·
Registered
2020 Drake Outlaw
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, drake built it new for my son and as far as i know it was the first to have the standard shape tower for an Outlaw. They do a great job tapeing in those side consoles, seamless. Had H n M Boatworks work on the balance and a few other details. These little skiffs are amazing in a chop as well as skinny skinny water.
Yes, I saw his reply as well. I agree. Great boats, just need something for the boy.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts