SOLD/EXPIRED SOLD - Pathfinder 1700-T tunnel hull, side console

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by TomFL, Dec 17, 2009.

1. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Hate to do it, but I'm putting the pathfinder tunnel hull up for sale to finance a new business venture.

For those of you familiar with the forum, you'll recognize this is the boat shown in this thread:

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1247153549/45#45

Side console, which leaves enough room in the cockpit to square dance. The front deck is so big you and Shaquille Oneill could fish side-by side and not bump elbows.

Boat is rigged with a yamaha 60hp 2-stroke and a powertech 4-blade SS prop. Motor has never been run on ethanol fuel and runs perfect. Compression is great. New spark plugs and lower unit lube. Boat is propped RIGHT! Jumps on plane in 1/4 of a boat length with absolutely no bow rise, and runs right to the max RPM for the motor.

The boat has been completely re-wired from stem to stern within the last 2 months, using quality duplex marine wire and heat-shrink terminals throughout. Blue sea systems fuse block and breaker, 3-battery setup with custom starboard trays, and a new 3-bank 110v battery charger. New mega-sized yamaha fuel filter/water separator and bracket.

Dash has been updated with a new switch panel and one more rocker switch added. New tiny-tach as well.

New Teleflex NFB steering helm, cable and custom "mercy knob" wheel with incredible rope braid work on it from forum member "Skinny_Water".

Minn-Kota 24v RT80 trolling motor installed on bow with quick-release bracket. All new trolling motor wiring as well. Trolling motor is equipped with a master repair tiller extension handle. For those concerned about weight, one trolling motor battery can be removed and the motor can be operated with no issues on 12v, naturally at a lower thrust rating.

Boat sits on a performance aluminum trailer that has all new wiring and a pair of brand-new hubs and bearings installed. New pole-light LED lights on trailer as well, elevated above the water line. Last pair of trailer lights you'll ever buy.

I have a brand-new pair of rule bilge pumps with independent float switches (one for each tunnel) that goes along with the hull. I simply have not had time to install them yet.

The boat runs a hair under 32 with a light load, you'll lose about 1 mph with 2 people and a heavier load. It will stay on plane at speeds as low as 13mph. If the boat is floating, it will get up on plane. It planes instantly. There is NO hull slap on this hull; it is earily quiet.

I will post up pics in the next few days.

It's worth mentioning that I bought the boat with the intent to keep it. I've spent a good bit of $$ and many hours going through it stem to stern updating everything on it to make it safe and reliable for many years. I've had an idea brewing in my head for many years and have decided to bring that dream to fruition. The boat is only being sold to help finance that, otherwise she would stay at home with me. 

Please note the Lowrance unit is not included in the sale. 

Asking $9,250.

Naturally title is in hand for a quick, easy transaction. I would welcome a wet test. Bring a fishing rod and we'll make a trip out of it to be sure you'll be 100% happy with it.

PM me here or call me at 772-521-9990. Please no calls after 10PM!!

Thanks for looking

-Tom

2. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Re: Pathfinder 1700-T tunnel hull, side console

Damn.

Someone is going to get a fantastic boat.

3. storagewalt

storagewalt I Love microskiff.com!

Good luck with the business venture.

4. swaddict

swaddict Thread Killer

Interested in boat, sending a PM

5. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Got it, sent you one back...

Thanks

-T

6. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

tom ,with a heavy load, what does she float/pole in? also, how big is that gas tank and what does the mpg look like?

7. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

As far as draft, honestly I have absolutely no idea and I'd not want to take a stab at it and mislead someone. I could certainly take it out in the next few days and actually measure it. My guess is it won't be the magic 5" number you hear tossed around so much, but it will probably run in water close to that shallow once moving. I think that's more the beauty of the tunnel.

The gas tank is I believe a 16 gallon tank. I just about filled the tank not long ago and I've put 6 hours on the boat since I filled it and did the work. Three fishing trips and I'm guessing I have about 5 gallons left in it. I think it's pretty reasonable.

A good bit of info can be had here about fuel consumption on different motors. Not a Yamaha, but probably darned close: http://www.nissanmarine.com/tech_talk/gas_mileage.html

Looking at the chart if you ran WOT all over the place it looks like you'd get about 5mpg. The boat's got a nice cruise at about 4k RPM's pushing about 23-25mph depending on trim. Probably runs a good bit more efficient there.

Will post draft #'s when I get them. Along with pics... :)

-T

8. Apeacock

Apeacock I Love microskiff.com!

I dont know TomFL personally and Im not one to throw out unwarranted advice/input, but if any of you out there have interest in a Pathfinder 17T this is an extremely good purchase at a very reasonable price considering whats in it.

I bought a 17T this past summer and have spent the past several months doing modifications and upgrades as my budget and time allows. I feel pretty good about knowing what these particular boats need amended as it relates to performance and rigging without weighing them down and based on the work TomFL has done(see link in Bragging Spot http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1247153549) this boat is a good purchase and leaves little to nothing for the buyer to add.

Thanks.

9. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Thanks Talbot, and good talking with you about yours. Congrats on the boat and enjoy it. They are great hulls.

Here are the pics I promised, and I will follow later tonight with a video of the boat starting, running, etc. Y'all know I'm a fan of videos, so what better way to show how nice the boat runs than with a vid, right?  ;)

Honestly I'd like to see this boat go to a forum member. It's a great little boat with a lot of versatility not only for fishing, but also for carrying a lot of gear for extended camping trips, as well as duck hunting if anyone is a multi-tasker. This was my original thought on buying the boat. 

All systems have been gone through, the motor has 7 hours on it since lower unit oil change and plugs, it's absolutely trouble-free and it's ready to fish. With that in mind, I'm going to leave it posted here only until the new year, and if no forum members pick it up then post it in the usual places for the masses. My preference would be to keep it in the "microskiff family" (hopefully to someone who'll take me fishing on it every once in a while  ;) ) so I can live vicariously through your fishing report posts...

Pics here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Powertech Prop:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fuel tank under bow storage area:
    [​IMG]

Lame attempt to show how much storage space is in bow compartment:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recirculating Livewell:
    [​IMG]

24v trolling motor battery tray, charger, breaker, storage box and dry box:
    [​IMG]

Another shot showing the 110v plug to plug in charger. The bright orange spool of fishing line stays with boat in case you ever get your water outlet clogged (every boat should keep some of this on board)
    [​IMG]

Blue Sea Systems fuse box There are 3 empty fuses, one I was going to use for the bilge pumps, one for 12v and a spare one), fuel filter setup, etc:
    [​IMG]

Pic showing trolling motor removed from bow, it is mounted on a quick-release bracket so what you see here comes off in 20 seconds:
    [​IMG]

"Clean" bow for all you fly-casters out there, with just the quick release bracket base, and the powerwinch plug outlet.
    [​IMG]

I think that about covers it. As mentioned, link to video will be posted tonight once it is finished uploading/processing.

Now everyone will sell you a boat and not tell you what is not working/what it needs, etc.

Except me. So here's the few things I would change if I would keep this boat, and certainly was in the process of doing so before I decided to sell it.  You can decide whether you want to or not.

1) The twin bilge pumps. Obviously the boat came from the factory without them (most of these hulls did as far as I know). As mentioned, I have two brand new ones with float switches that go along with the boat, you can install if you'd like or keep the boat the way it is. There is a switch on the dash for them if you decide to install.

2) I would probably replace the one fender on the trailer as the previous owner was a big fella and cracked it. The one on there certainly works fine so it's just a cosmetic thing really. They are plastic, and run about $30 to $50 depending on where you buy it. It's a common fender and easy to find, easy to install. Me, personally, I'd change it just because I like things looking neat. 

3) I do have the chine that installs on the forward portion under the bow. I believe this helps the hull turn faster at speed. Previous owner removed it, and I've been running without it and am happy the way it runs. If you are going to be running at speed in a lot of narrow creeks and channels with tight turns I'd probably recomend putting it back on as it'd probably handle better. I can do it for you if you'd like.

And that's it. Other than those 3 things, the boat is perfect and ready for a new owner.

-T

10. skinnywater3

skinnywater3 Well-Known Member

awesome boat, it will be tough to see her go.

11. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Short vid I took of the boat yesterday. Backed it down the ramp and started the vid so this is just how the boat starts and runs after sitting for 2 weeks.

In the vid you can see how quick the boat gets up on plane, but also notice there is no squat and no bow rise either.

Nice running boat

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8377768&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8377768&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/8377768">Pathfinder 1700-T Sale Video</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1774787">tomfoselli</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

-T

12. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

cool video tom :cool: that should help her sell fast ;) if i wasnt knee deep in boats myself i would definitely have to consider your., looks like someone was kissing the trolling motor :-* :D ;D

13. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

In watching the vid I obviously had too much fun showing how quick the boat gets on plane...I did it like what, 100 times???

;D

-T

14. flatoutfishin

flatoutfishin Well-Known Member

To anyone who may be interested in this boat,

Now I don't personally know Tom but have read many of his threads and responses.  Having looked for a 17t personally and having owned a Hewes Tailfisher I have to say this is the cleanest and most solid 17t  I have seen.  And, I have looked at way to many to count.  Even if you found a 17t at a lower price, I guarantee you will end up having much more money into it by the time you get it even close to the overall condition of this boat.  These boats are awesome skiffs and whoever gets this one is very lucky!

Good luck with the sale, it should go quickly even in this market.

15. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Boat sold today to a very nice gentleman and his wife who found the boat here on Microskiff.com.

They are moving up from kayaks and should have a blast fishing in this boat.

I can honestly say that of all the boats I've had in my life, this hull generated more calls and interest. They are neat boats and have a cult following among those that know them. I think had it not been over the holiday weekend, it would have sold even earlier.

Thank you to the Microskiff forum for connecting a buyer and seller :)

-T