SOLD/EXPIRED (SOLD)deal for someone

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by beavis, Apr 5, 2008.

1. beavis

beavis Well-Known Member

http://tampa.craigslist.org/boa/630709565.html

something looks sketchy with this though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Ft-Gladesmen-Fishing-Boat-Canoe-Engine-14000-value_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63725QQihZ004QQitemZ140217925541QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Re: deal for someone

3K! WOW prices are dropping on them?!?!? :eek: Boat Motor Trailer! That's got to be a typo.

3. JIMMYZ750

JIMMYZ750 Well-Known Member

Hey this is the response I got when replying to that ad

Hi,

Thank you for the interest shown in my boat, I hope it is what you are looking for.
    I sell it because I can not care for her, anymore. I recently moved to France with my job and left the boat stored in a rented storage.

If the boat is really what you are looking for, we can close this sale in 2 ways:
    1. Face to face (as we should) but I can not leave France for every person who wants to see the boat, so I will require a fully refundable deposit.

2. Through Moneybookers. They have the title and the power of attorney therefor this sale can be completed without me.
    I have used their system before and I know how it works, it is very safe and reliable.

Before we can discuss any further about the boat, you have to acknowledge and agree with one of the methods above.

For more details and pics about the boat, send me an email!

I wish you a wonderful day and god bless!

Max Templeton
    Construction Engineer

New twist on old scam, Jimmy

4. beavis

beavis Well-Known Member

well, at least it is not Nigeria ;D ;D ;D

5. captnron

captnron Guest

Just in case no one got it here, RJ called this from the start. IMHO (keeping it legal ;)) It's a scam guys, just though we should be clear. E-mail I had at work this morning confirms for me. ;)

Thanks Jimmy for posting. :cool:

6. choppercity47

choppercity47 Well-Known Member

Thats like the number one career for those Europeans, i see a boat scam everyday on scamslist, one dude got scammed on some 06 jetskis brand new for like $7000 for the pair and posted the email with a French dude saying we are idiot Americans for falling for it.

7. gheenoeguy

gheenoeguy Well-Known Member

Who ever does A scam like this should be SHOT. I feel for the honest guy who broke his back just to be scammed. What ever happened to the good old honest days when everything was A hand shake?