SOLD/EXPIRED (SOLD) Custom Gheenoe - Potential Sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by mtredfish, Mar 18, 2008.

1. mtredfish

mtredfish Well-Known Member

I am at an empass...
    A little over a year ago, I bought a triple pontoon and trailer to make a "mother ship" (20 X 8). I have since run short of cash to finish this project and am contemplating two scenarios:
    1. Sell my custom (pics attached) and fund the conclusion of the mother ship project
    2. Sell the pontoon and trailer ($1500-$1800 tops)

Question is two-fold...
    Q1 - What could I potentially get for the Custom Gheenoe as is (be honest, I am actually undecided)
    Q2 - Would you guys pick the family vessel over the fishing machine?

Quick specs:
    1996 20hp Mercury
    Custom Gheenoe (2004? - still waiting for Ron's response)
    Jack Plate
    Trailer
    Live Well, etc.

Pics where taken a little more than a year ago...a couple of oyster scratches, a new battery, stainless prop, are the only changes.

PICS:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Re: Custom Gheenoe - Potential Sale

Make your pics bigger!

3. mtredfish

Done....copied in the thumbnail link by accident ;D

4. JIMMYZ750

JIMMYZ750 Well-Known Member

MT

Need more info on gheenoe as i cannot tell is this a Hi-sider or Classic or Custom or NMZ that is custom built. No center box and front deck with hatches and cannot tell rear configuration. All these things go into figuring what the boat is worth. Will tell you that this is a nice setup and you will have to be patient if you want to get what this is worth.

Also, since you want a mother ship guessing you have a family and cannot accomodate them in the noe. If you have kids who are willing to go fishing, snorkeling or just goofing around with you on the water you just can't put a price tag on that. If you cannot finish project boat in time to enjoy this seaon i would sell both and buy the mother ship that can be used now and get a beater noe to drag behind the mother or use by yourself or another when not making day trip. You can always have the sweet setup noe later but you can never get back the time to enjoy the water with kids....

anyway gotta go break up a fight between two of those angelic kids i was referring to..

5. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Between $5000 & $5500 is a good target price.

6. mtredfish

Jimmy,
    It is a custom with a rear platform open underneath to bilge CaptRon actually customized this rig, and again....I love open setup.

I am leaning toward your suggestion as my wife has told me to dump the project boat and buy a turn key used for $5-$6k

Anyway, for a short time I suppose....I may miss my shallow water fishing :-/

7. bodeen

bodeen Well-Known Member

I may be interested when you decide.

Bodeen

8. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

Is the project boat your wife is reffering to the pontoon mothership? If yes, than by all means I agree. The time you spend working on it is time lost on other things. Can you find a place that rents pontoonies near you? If your family is like mine rarely do we find a time when we can all go out on the family bote. My Gheenoe, I can sneak away on most anytime. Most times before the fam damily even wakes up. Can you keep the Gheenoe and just rent a poonie when you need to? Or are you one of the luckey ones that doesn't have 20 other different things keeping you from family boating? Personally I would hold on to that 'noe tooth and nail, you will miss it! 

9. mtredfish

Great advice....but the family (and I) fish/boat in the Tampa Bay area and there is a void for pontoon or large boat rentals that are economical (damn Boat Clubs! :mad:). My wife actually has suggested I dump both and get the boat that we can all use (myself included) and has chastised me for getting rid of my flats boat I previosly owned. From a cost savings standpoint, the thing was costing me $295 per month in payment, storage, and insurance.....I don't regret it. :'(

That said, If I dump both and find something used under the $8k mark....I will be back into the storage payment ($65) but won't sweat the finance and insurance.

10. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

Very well said....

11. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in seeing what you've got going with the pontoon boat. Pics would be great!

Thanks,
    Josh

12. mtredfish

Josh,
    I have 3 pontoons and deck frame (all aluminum, 20' X 8') I picked up used from a construction crew using it to haul fill down the Homossassa river. They are scratched up and a few dents...but solid (floats 5-6K pounds!!). I bought a brand new pontoon trailer last February (3,000 lb axle capacity) and slapped the whole pontoon/frame on the trailer to deck it and finish.

My intention was to re-deck it with fresh boards (pulled all old hardware and boards off - bare channel now) and throw a 40-60hp on it, railing, and leave deck open for whatever.....

Motor - $2-4K
    Deck - $400-$500 (with carpet, etc.)
    Railing - $300-$500 (depending on type)
    Console/Steering - $500

$3200-$5500 left to invest.....not happening right now (unless I sell the rig above and "re-invest" ;D)

I would love to make into a camper, etc. but hate to let it sit and rot for a couple of years until I get out from under the childcare issue. Would really make a great weekender as the deck space is amazing and the float load is phenom!!

I will shoot some pics in the next week or two, I have it parked up in Inverness, FL

13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Email them to me when you get em! I need a mothership for my FS18.

Looking forward to it!

josh

14. mtredfish

Officially for sale....I just finished my taxes, I owe!

Make offer, looking to sell both Pontoon (post pics soon) and 2005 Custom as pictured (asking $5300)

Email me if you need water test or additional pics. Capt Ron rigged this thing out, so you should know it's a great setup!

Mike

(I'm crying a little inside..... :()

15. buck43

buck43 Well-Known Member

Redfish just sent you a PM on the Gheenoe. Dave

16. mtredfish

Dave, I responded to your message.....Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Mike

17. mtredfish

P.S. - I think I omitted previously.....it's a 2005 Custom; had to check the title to make sure.

Mike

18. onthespot

onthespot Well-Known Member

Did this boat sell?

19. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Need more photos of decks/hatches please...!!!

-T

20. mtredfish

No, I have just listed last week on craigslist and haven't done more than that....I guess I am kind of draggin my feet ::)

Anyway, you have a PM

Mike