SOLD/EXPIRED (SOLD) 83 firebird- trade for:

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Capt Dan Medina, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

hey guys... i am looking to trade my 83 firebird project for a "turn key" rig.  Ideally Id love to get a small skiff similar to a mitzi or hells bay... something that can poll in 4-5 inches of water.... I would be interested in a 'noe as well if it is decked out really nice.
    My car has a 327 vette motor, bored 30 over, high rise intake, comp cam, dual 600 cc carbs, roller rockers, push rods... car has 10.5:1 compression. 
    I am happy to give more details to those interested.   A couple of pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

car needs paint and a fuel pump.

2. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Re: 83 firebird- trade for:

You are aware of the price on a Hells Bay correct?
    They aren't no where in the same category as a Mitzi or Gheenoe.

But hey, good luck.
    That's a nice looking engine in the car.

3. Re: 83 firebird- trade for:

I got a good name for that car..............................................................Rusty.
    [​IMG]

P.S. I couldn't help myself, I am sorry. But, it's the Joe Dirte car!

4. Capt Dan Medina

I am aware of the difference in class, I am just open to several different rigs....

Rusty- well, its got its places that need some bondo, but nothing that cant be overcome..... selling point is the motor.....

5. paint it black

That quarter panel needs a lot more than bondo, but that motor looks beastly.
    Good luck on the sale/trade.

6. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

might be better to junk the car and sell the motor on ebay, either way I'm not sure you'd get too much for it. Years ago I built up a 350 (stroked, bored, heads, blower.....) I had over 8k into it but when I sold it with only 300 miles on it I was only able to get $1500 for it.

7. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

You've got 'til 8:00 to get $4,500 from the auto dealer to buy a vehicle to tow your new boat.

8. Capt Dan Medina

i already have a ram with a hemi in it so not much need for a truck....i wouldnt mind a little 4 or 6 cyl. ranger though.... anyone interested in this?

9. Capt Dan Medina

str8- the left rear panel def needs some work, but honestly, is anyone looking at this for the body?

firecat- the 350's are a lot more common than the 327 vette motors..... bare blocks and heads sell for several hundred.... just need to find someone whos looking for one... If it doesnt move, I may end up sticking the motor in a little s10....

10. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

I'd just go ahead and keep it man, Things like this are a labor of love and either way I don't think you'd get more then a nice gheenoe classic setup for it. If you can squeeze it into an s-10 then you'd have a nice little street machine.

11. choppercity47

choppercity47 Well-Known Member

Sell the motor. Go from there.

If you want a 4 banger i'd only buy a Frontier personally..........150hp in the 2.4L Inline 4 cyl.......very strong and reliable engine......gas mileage is in the mid 20's

12. Capt Dan Medina

fire- its just a matter of time and money...... my wife is 38 weeks pregnant and i doubt im going to have much time to do the swap.... if i were still in my single days, the swap would have been done a month ago!

chopper- are they still running those ka24de engines in the frontiers? I had a few nissan 240sx's growing up with that engine.... lots of torque, and really sweet when you add a turbo to it ;D Fun times.....

13. Capt Dan Medina

if all goes as planned, car is sold... pending payment

14. paint it black

Cool.
    That motor is bad ass.

15. Capt Dan Medina

I am sad to see her go [smiley=boohoo.gif] but need the room for bigger and better projects...... now i get to find a boat for my trailer..... will be looking soon ;D

16. Capt Dan Medina

gentleman came and towed her home.... the motor will be missed even if only for looking at her in the driveway....