Chittum Laguna Madre 18- located in Port O'Connor, TX
- Two tone - Abalone green hull and slicks/ Tortuga green non-skid and console.
- 50 Tohatsu 4 stroke - 110 hours
****OPTIONAL POWER - Yamaha F70 w/ 80 hours- nominal up charge to be determined****
- Tunnel, carbon tunnel extension, Jack Foreman prop
- Carbon package
- Center console with 100 quart insulated carbon cooler jump seat
- 7" Simrad with NEMA network connection to outboard
- New West Marine AGM ship's battery
- New Edson steering wheel in black or titanium at buyer's option
- Boat is wired for 24 V trolling motor
- Black powder coated poling platform with step
- Tibor push pole caddy
My price is $57,790. This offer is 20% off the invoice at last year's pricing for my base boat with a new galvanized Ram-Lin trailer (buyer may upgrade trailer at their option and expense, or buy my aluminum trailer at a discount). I would sell the following additional equipment at a discount if the buyer is interested:
- Spider casting platform, black powder coated
- 24 V Minnkota I-Pilot
- 24 V Lithium Ion battery
- Carbon steering wheel
- Aluminum trailer with removable tongue
I have owned 7 or 8 skiffs in the last 11 years. This Laguna Madre is by far the best boat I've ever run or fished in TX. Poles in about 5.5 inches, runs in under 4" and jumps on plane in 6" with two 200 lb anglers, ice and fishing gear. More importantly, she sits level allowing you to pole and track into the wind with ease (this can be 1/2 the day when sight fishing). She is quiet and turns easily for fly casting. The fishing platform is very large and comfortable; Coast Guard rating - 4 passengers. She crosses the open Texas bays in big waves with authority and keeps you dry. Top speed 32 mph. One day in July I fished this boat in an intricate marsh in the morning, then went offshore for cobia in the afternoon.
Skiffs and fishing are my mid-life crisis. After family and work, I want to fish as much as possible. The reason I'm listing this boat is that I have ordered a full carbon Laguna Madre, which can deliver quickly. I believe Chittum builds the highest quality technical poling skiffs; recently bought a demo full carbon Snake Bight 12 degree for another fishery.
Pls PM me with your email address if you have serious interest. I will share my build sheet and invoices, etc.