Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***As seen on Boat Trader***

For sale is a 2015 Hell's Bay Whipray Classic, specifically hull #6 of 10. This was a limited-edition run of the original, and has no liner, meaning less weight and a slightly rounded floor in the cockpit. Because this limited edition had no liner, there was also no option for a center console, only a side console option or tiller. This is one of the very few that has the original small side console option, sitting level with the gunnel. All of this results in a skiff that is not only extremely lightweight with classic good looks, but also very functional. The color of the skiff is ice blue inside and out, with whisper grey non-skid for very natural and stealthy sky colors. One thing that this particular Whipray features that no other Whipray in existence features (at least those directly from Hell's Bay), is the deletion of the crustacean well. The reason for this is because I only fly fish, and I wanted maximum storage in the rear locker. Hell's Bay charged an additional $1800 for this option, but I was always glad that I had done it as the extra storage was invaluable to me. There are white LED cockpit lights and locker lights which help tremendously when loading/unloading the skiff in the dark, and I had a custom switch box built and located in the rear hatch by Hell's Bay for the ultimate in waterproofing and less switch maintenance due to corrosion. For the outboard, it features the Tohatsu 50hp 4stroke, which is the lightest in its class and offers the super short 15" shaft, making it unnecessary in many cases for the added weight of a jackplate. Most short shaft options on outboards are 20", so think of it as 5" of built-in clearance without additional weight. The prop is a stainless PowerTech SCD3 which is the perfect all-around prop for this skiff/outboard combination, jumping up very quicly and topping out around 36mph with 1 angler and around 34 with 2 anglers. For the trailer, it features the premium Ram-Lin Custom aluminum trailer with a spare tire and wheel. The skiff also features the 4ft Power Pole Signature Series, Carbon Marine poling platform, 21ft Carbon Marine GL3R 1pc pushpole, Lenco trim tabs, Livorsi carbon fiber controls (shift/throttle), Edson steering wheel, toe rails, front casting platform eye and bolt already installed with backing plate under the deck (but no front casting platform), flat cooler shelf built in to the front of the cockpit and holding a 35qt Yeti Tundra with installed tie-downs, custom matching whisper grey bolt-on seat cushions on rear deck and on Yeti cooler, and black custom boat cover to keep sun damage to a minimum. The hull has been completely resprayed with gelcoat, is an exact color match and doesn't have a scratch on it, and I've just put a new lower unit/prop on it with 0hrs and not a scratch ($7,500 in maintenance). Please note that any variance in color in the photos is due them being iPhone photos and taken in lower lighting to better show the colors of the skiff. This skiff is in excellent condition, has always been properly maintained, and will make its next owner extremely happy. It is by far the most versatile and best poling super-skinny skiff that I've ever fished. Only reason for selling is because I also do a lot of tarpon fishing and am wanting a larger skiff/outboard combination. The specs of the skiff according to Hell's Bay are: weight 490lbs, draft 3.5" with engine and fuel, length 16' 4", beam 70", recommended power 40-60hp. Sale price is firm at $42,000, and local pickup only in Friendswood, TX. For purchase, please contact Jarid Malone at (281) 850-8247. Thanks for the look!

FullSizeRender-2.jpg
FullSizeRender-3.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
FullSizeRender-4.jpg
FullSizeRender-5.jpg
FullSizeRender-6.jpg
FullSizeRender-7.jpg
FullSizeRender-8.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've fished out of this boat with Jarid about a half-dozen times. I was always impressed by how well it rides and handles. Big water to shallow flats, I never really saw a flaw. It's a hell of a boat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts