SOLD/EXPIRED (SOLD) 2009 micro for sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by shallowminded, May 13, 2009.

1. shallowminded

shallowminded Well-Known Member

well due to the bad luck of having the motor stolen and then having the tranny in my truck blow i have to sell the boat to pay for the truck to get fixed. everything was bought for 4500 and im just trying to get rid of it for the very fair price of 1500 i am taking a huge loss (especially since half of it was stolen) but anyway let me know (954) 257 3364 i have a few "craigslist junkies" looking at it but nothing to serious yet. i need to sell it fast cause i gotta pay for this transmission. thanks guys

2. dscott

dscott Well-Known Member

Re: 2009 micro for sale

Definitely interested, I will call later today.

321-436-0659

Don

3. boggob

boggob Beer me.

bummer. good luck!

4. shallowminded

thanks.

i would really like to sell it to someone on the forum so i can track where it is and hopefully buy it back someday when my life does a turn around (or maybe when i get out of fire-school) ;D

5. jsanchez

jsanchez Well-Known Member

are you the original owner? i had the same set up and sold it with a 15 yamaha. it ran 27 mph. i love that hull. caprice, made in here in fl.

6. shallowminded

Nope I bought it 2 weeks ago from a guy in PSL. It's a bad ass boat I wish I had enough money to keep it :-/

7. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

When r u going to fire school?

8. shallowminded

I start in August.

Looks like this summer is gonna suck without a boat. i was talking to my parents today and my dad was going to buy me a pathfinder tunnel hull for a high school graduation present but i hate when my parents give me stuff because if i didnt pay for it I dont feel its mine to use. (kinda weird but....) so yeah if it weren't for thieves i probably wouldnt be in this mess........

9. shallowminded

Seriously i hate craigslist. im sick of all the non-English speaking people that offer me $500 for this thing. i mean is it worth all of that? so im taking it off and putting it on the side of the road somewhere HEAVILY CHAINED to a tree or something. lol

10. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Spend a weekend morning at a Home Depot parking lot with the boat clean and ready to go.
    Every vehicle with a hitch will stop and look.
    Last boat of mine didn't sell after 3 months of ads.
    Sold on first day at the depot.

11. shallowminded

Thats about the best idea ive heard all day. :)

12. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Stay with the vehicle,
    the depot sometimes gets a bit aggressive about vehicles left unattended.
    I found a row of unused parking by the main entrance.
    Stuck a for sale sign and my cell number on the boat.
    Sat in the shade a hundred feet away so people would look,
    and not feel pressured. If they called, I'd walk over.

13. shallowminded

PURE GENIUS!

14. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

Good luck. Best job in the world.

15. shallowminded

Im taking it you are a firefighter/medic?

16. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

I stopped at home depot one sat. morning to buy a length of hose to repair a leak on my harley. I worked on it at the far corner of the parking lot and had some people stop to ask about if it was for sale. Greased a wheel bearing on my gheenoe trailer in a HD lot and had a couple drive-by-slow-lookers. I agree good traffic but I would be wary of HD catching on and chasing you off.

Maybe sit there with a for sale sign on it as you shop, fix a marker light, or you are meet someone to show for a water test.

17. shallowminded

that works for me. hopefully i can get some time off this weekend from work.

18. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

why not get a new motor for her?

19. shallowminded

I owe my father 3,000 dollars for the new transmission that just went in my truck. so im basically SOL

20. rkmurphy

rkmurphy Well-Known Member

If you love it that much I say keep the boat and pay your dad back with the proceeds from work.  After you pay him back, you'll have a brand new never used boat and trailer.  Then all you need to do is finance a motor AND stainless bolts (to bolt it on this time!) AND lock AND insurance.

You gotta do what you gotta do...but if you can get around it why get rid of your first boat when you haven't even had a chance to use it?

Correction:
    I just read another post and realized it's not your first boat. Haha oops. But I still feel the same way.