SOLD/EXPIRED (SOLD) 2007 Tundra

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by captnron, Jan 24, 2010.

1. captnron

captnron Guest

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Crew Max
    4WD
    TRD Off Road Package
    5.7L V8
    Towing Package
    Stability Control
    Power Door Locks
    Power Windows
    Sliding Rear Window
    Dual Front Air Bags
    Side Curtain Air Bags
    Tilt Wheel
    4 Wheel ABS
    Air Conditioning
    Power Steering
    Power Brakes
    Cruise Control
    AM/FM Radio with Multi CD
    Less than 40K miles
    Oke Ole Seat Covers installed since new
    New Tires
    $24,165.00 (based on Kelly Blue Book)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Re: 2007 Tundra

Ron, I just want the left fog light lens, and the bungy cord hanging in the bed.

Will you seperate???

:D :D :D :D :D

Truck looks immaculate, good luck with the sale

-T

3. Canoeman

Canoeman Well-Known Member

I'll take the baby seat and the the ice chest. :D

4. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

I'll trade you even steven for mine. It has only 95,000 miles. Only to church on Sunday I swear. :D

5. islander1225

islander1225 Well-Known Member

hAVE YOU GOTTEN THE RECALL ON THE ACCELERATOR TAKEN CARE OF YET?

ALEX

6. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

What about the cooler, is it part of the package or will you seperate it??? [smiley=bootyshake.gif] [smiley=tongueout.gif] [smiley=stirthepot.gif]

7. rcmay

rcmay Well-Known Member

They have yet to develop a fix for the recall

8. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

Knowing Ron, if it needed anything he would have listed it, or made the buyer aware.

Back on topic please.

9. islander1225

Excuse me for asking a serious question about a serious problem they have a recall on.

Alex

10. captnron

captnron Guest

RC is correct in that they have not recalled it yet due to engineering.  Once the recall is in effect I will be the first to have it taken care of as safety is primary concern.  Case in point is that this vehicle has side impact air bags and the rubber was replaced @ 50% wear. ;)

It is my understanding that Toyota is going to issue a voluntary recall and not a mandatory recall like we saw on the Explorers (I owned one of those too  ;)).  Toyota is working diligently to find a "fix" and not just a band aid  to patch the issue.  Keep in mind that I have driven this vehicle almost 40K miles with no sign of an issue and if Toyota had not made an official release I would have never suspected a problem. 

This is by far the best engineered vehicle I have ever owned and would not sell except for my recent lifestyle change.  I don't drive 4 miles to work now and only need commuter vehicle.  I purchased the Tundra to replace an F250 Crew 4x4 with a 7.3 x Ally tranny so I would have enough truck for an occasional heavy tow.  I have pulled one heavy load (6000 lbs if you can even call that heavy) since I have owned it. Obviously I don't need 10,000 lb towing capacity to pull my micro skiff but I'm sure the first time I hit the open road in any thing else I'll probably have regrets.

If your are interested in purchasing this vehicle and the recall is of concern I suggest that you talk with Toyota and get the facts directly from them.  IMHO all the i-net keyboard strokes and media attention just breeds

[​IMG]

Otherwise, thanks for your concern.

CR

11. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

I've bought stuff from Ron before and can say that he goes above and beyond to be sure things are perfect.

Additionally, I second the notion of the media blowing things out of proportion. That's their job, fear mongering. It's what makes people tune in.

Lastly, even if Charles Manson bought this truck before the recall work was done, Toyota will cover the vehicle and correct it.

All things considered, I wish I could find a reason to buy a new truck. If I had one, I'd have called Ron already. This thing is sweet!

12. islander1225

I have no doubt that ron keep his stuff in great shape, i have a friend looking for a Tundra and doesnt want to buy one then have to turn around and take it to the dealership to have a recall done on it. Thats all. Also it is not just media hype Toyota has officially announced a Recall on 2007 Tundra's it is on their Website.

Alex

13. captnron

captnron Guest

From Toyota's website:

Toyota Files Voluntary Safety Recall on Select Toyota Division Vehicles for Sticking Accelerator Pedal

* Lexus and Scion Models Not Affected
    * Filing Addresses Isolated Customer Complaints
    * Separate From On-Going Recall Involving Floor Mat Pedal Entrapment Issue

January 21, 2010 -Torrance, CA., Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc, today announced it would recall approximately 2.3 million vehicles to correct sticking accelerator pedals on specific Toyota Division models. This action is separate from the on-going recall of approximately 4.2 million Toyota and Lexus vehicles to reduce the risk of pedal entrapment by incorrect or out of place accessory floor mats. Approximately 1.7 million Toyota Division vehicles are subject to both separate recall actions.

“In recent months, Toyota has investigated isolated reports of sticking accelerator pedal mechanisms in certain vehicles without the presence of floor mats,” said TMS
    Group Vice President Irv Miller. “Our investigation indicates that there is a possibility that certain accelerator pedal mechanisms may, in rare instances, mechanically stick in a partially depressed position or return slowly to the idle position. Consistent with our commitment to the safety of our cars and our customers, we have initiated this voluntary recall action.”

Toyota’s accelerator pedal recall is confined to the following Toyota Division
    vehicles:

* 2009-2010 RAV4,
    * 2009-2010 Corolla,
    * 2009-2010 Matrix,
    * 2005-2010 Avalon,
    * 2007-2010 Camry,
    * 2010 Highlander,
    * 2007-2010 Tundra,
    * 2008-2010 Sequoia

No Lexus Division or Scion vehicles are affected by this recall action. Also not affected are Toyota Prius, Tacoma, Sienna, Venza, Solara, Yaris, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser and select Camry models, including all Camry hybrids.

The condition is rare, but can occur when the pedal mechanism becomes worn and, in certain conditions, the accelerator pedal may become harder to depress, slower
    to return or, in the worst case, stuck in a partially depressed position. Toyota is working quickly to prepare the correction remedy.

In the event that a driver experiences an accelerator pedal that sticks in a partial open throttle position or returns slowly to idle position, the vehicle can be controlled with firm and steady application of the brakes. The brakes should not be pumped repeatedly because it could deplete vacuum assist, requiring stronger brake pedal pressure. The vehicle should be driven to the nearest safe location, the engine shut off and a Toyota dealer contacted for assistance.

Toyota will continue to investigate incidents of unwanted acceleration and take appropriate measures to address any trends that are identified.

Toyota owners who have questions or concerns should contact the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-800-331-4331.

14. captnron

captnron Guest

As I suggested, call Toyota and they will disclose the necessary info.

Tell your friend to stop looking for Tundra's between 2007 and 2010.  They don't have the fix yet.  Once they do, I will be first in line with mine. Otherwise, I will continue to drive the best vehicle I have ever owned with the confidence Toyota is working to thoroughly resolve the issue.

Keep this statement in mind.

"Our investigation indicates that there is a possibility that certain accelerator pedal mechanisms may, in rare instances, mechanically stick in a partially depressed position or return slowly to the idle position."

Toyota indicated to me that mine will be subject to the recall but that if it was going to be a safety issue it would most likely have reared it's ugly head by now.

I could see where the accessory floor mats could be an issue with aftermarket mats. Truthfully I have both carpeted (Toyota) and Toyota rubber mud mats stacked and it's never been an issue because I take the time to lock them both into the retaining clips on the floor.

And IMHO it is hype when things are posted out of context on the www.

CR

15. JIMMYZ750

JIMMYZ750 Well-Known Member

Ron

You are correct about carpet mat issue and I do not believe this should have ever been addressed as a recall because if you use mats in the correct fashion this will never be a problem. If you stack multiple mats on top of one another an let them slide forward then i guess eventually they may interfere with the accelerator, the brake pedal, your feet, etc......

As for the sticking accelerator there has been concern and apparently some reports of the pedal sticking on some models. The possible defect has been isolated to pedals mfg by CTC a domesti supplier and no issues with Nippondenso pedals have been suggested. Word is Monday am there will be an announcement that a fix has been approved, which consists of a spring and some bushings that will alleviate the possibility of any premature wear causing sticking. The parts are not available as of now and tech training will need to be accomplished before the parts and procedure is released to dealers for repairs to began. Again, the condition is not well documented or easily to confirm. I have worked for Toyota for the entire time these pedals have been used and we have never had one instance where the condition has been reported much less confirmed, except of course until after the announcements started :) In any case all vehicles will be retrofitted at absolutely no charge regardless of mileage or ownership, that you can be sure of.

Oh, and I have seen alot of Tundras and can tell you this one looks to be extremely well taken care of and super sharp!!!
    Good luck with the sale.

Jimmy

16. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

Sorry to offend, but usually I only have a few seconds to post and sometimes not enough time to be tactful.

When I saw your question it looked to me as if it could damage the sellers chances if potential buyers thought that it was being sold as defective when it is not. I watched for several hours for the seller to respond and when I felt too much time had passed I stepped in.

Had your question been "is this one of the trucks affected by the recall?", I would not have said a word.

17. captnron

captnron Guest

JZ,

Thanks for the inside info. You were dead on. ;) Looks like the recall is now official as soon as parts are available. Rumor is that they are going to work around the clock upon the receipt of parts to put this thing behind them. :cool:

18. captnron

captnron Guest

Mods, please mark this as SOLD