SOLD/EXPIRED (SOLD) 2005 14' Native Skiff "Sweet Pea" w/ 25hp Johnson and Trailer $2,500

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by UCFishin19, Jan 14, 2012.

1. UCFishin19

UCFishin19 Well-Known Member

I am selling Capt. Carl's Hull #1 Native Skiff. This again is the original boat he built from the old fibercraft mold he acquired and used to create the Native. Which was then acquired and re-done by Mel at Ankona Boats.

Here are the specs and options:

2005 #1 Hull Sweet Pea
    2005 25hp 2 stroke Johnson tiller-(last year they made a 2 stroke)
    2005 Continental Magic Tilt Trailer- I completely re-rigged the trailer for maximum support, New bearings as of July '11 for preventative measure since I would be trailering from Orlando to the Lagoon. Also replaced and added and additional set of bunks, new carpet and a V-bow support. The trailer is now totally customized for this skiff!
    -13 gal semi permanent gas tank

Equipment replacements  I've made since I bought it In June '11:
    -Trailer jack
    -Trailer winch
    -Fuel Filter
    -trailer bearing
    -trailer bunks
    -spark plugs
    -Re-Gelcoated cosmetic blemishes

Other Options Included:
    -Installed Garmin 441s on starboard gunnel GPS w/Trandsducer
    -Ritche Compass
    -Mini Lenco electric trim tabs
    -Polling Platform
    -Biscayne Rods 16' Custom Push Pole
    -Minn Kota Trolling Motor (removed from skiff, and have brand new quick release for additional $100)
    -72qt Igloo Cooler with tie down kit to be used coffin box style in the skiff.
    -Plumbed through-hull fast water pickup with/brass sea thingy for livewell usage.
    -stake out poll system
    -mounting hardware for a front casting platform
    -wired front Nav lights (no rear anchor light)
    -2011 Deep cycle battery
    -fly line toe rails
    -under gunnel rod rack and tubes on port side, will accommodate fly rods

Layout: The Native has a forward hatch that just opens up access to the below deck space around the gas tank, a good place for life jackets or anchor storage. Port front hatch is a little box compartment for small tackle boxes, docklines, etc. Stern Port hatch used to be used a a bait well but has since been glassed in by a previous owner and is now just storage.

Summary: This skiff has unfortunately had some use and abuse by some of its previous owners. Also being the first native ever made, there are some evident design flaws and build quality issues before they were corrected with Mel taking it over with Ankona. So the boat is not in the prettiest of shape, but I have tried to bring it back to life as best I could. I bought this skiff to get me on the water right out of college, and It did just that, but I now a have a new job and I don't have a need or the time to keep sweet pea anymore.

This skiff is the quietest boat I've ever polled, the rounded chimes equals absolutely zero hull slap no matter which way the wind is coming from. With two people and a fishing load it drafts a honest 4-5". The dry weight on this hull is less than 300lb and is an all composite construction. On the Garmin by myself and a 1/4tank I get about 26mph, with 2 people 22-23mph. It has an aluminum prop.

Please feel free to ask me any questions either on this thread or through my email:
    Matt--- flatskiff14@yahoo.com, I don't check my PM's on here as often. The boat is located near Winter Park, FL but I work in Titusville so a showing there could be arranged. I am available to show the boat weekends, or after 7pm during the weekdays.   

Here are a bunch of Pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sweet Pea in Action!! Doing what she does best!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope she goes to a good home and gets continued good care and use!

2. fishy82

fishy82 I Love microskiff.com!

Re: 2005 14' Native Skiff "Sweet Pea" w/ 25hp Johnson and Trailer $2,500

Email sent

3. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

That's a great boat and a hulluva deal! I had a chance to see it in action down at the Microskiff Everglades trip. If you're on the fence, do yourself a favor and buy it!

Good luck with the sale!

4. Charlie

Charlie I Love microskiff.com!

I see what you did there, and I like it. This is an awesome deal!!!! I would buy it if I were in the market right now! Someone need to jump on this before it sells again!

5. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

I am sick to my stomach... I was watching for this boat and missed last year... just bought a j14 from this site 2 weeks ago... I just cant believe it.... call a doctor, I think I am gonna die... want a trade on a j14 with a manual jackplate and 2005 merc 4S efi? hahah... I have cash on top.... :-X

6. fishy82

If all goes well she will be in my garage tomorrow night.. :)

7. 0and2jr

0and2jr I Love microskiff.com!

Email sent. Still available?

8. UCFishin19

UCFishin19 Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, thank you everyone for your compliments and interest in my skiff. It has been sold to Justin L. and will soon get a facelift and some fresh fiberglass back in her to get back into great shape! Although it is running fine, so you guys up in Jax will probably see Sweet Pea floating high back in the skinny where you wish you could get to!! Keep in touch and post some build and fishing pics with her!

9. fishy82

Thanks ucf.  Really excited to see what she can do.. And a facelift will be coming soon.. After I get her slimed a few times of course ;)

10. fishy82

This is back up for sale. Repairs and additional money spent hence the higher asking price.

-18' polecat push pole
    - new hubs, bearings and tire
    - new impeller, rebuilt carb (dealer) 2014
    - swing tongue installed
    - tiny tac. I had planned to re-prop it, but never got around to it. Performance is pretty spot on as above post with one guy, but add a second big boy and it struggles to plane. One person, loaded cooler and batteries see's about 26mph.
    -all new fuel lines and filter rated for ethanol(only run marina fuel)
    -fuel tank removed and cleaned
    - new fuel filler hose
    - new gunwale carpet

This is a not a speed demon but will take you where very few can go..

I've only had short runs, so I've probably only put 10 hours on it since purchased.

Reason for sale: have another boat dry stored at a marina and don't need to skiffs.

Due to my exhausting work schedule, I am not planning to do wet tests, but can put it on the rabbit ears prior to sale...

Located in fernandina beach, fl.

Justin
    Message through here with a contact number and I will respond ASAP. I have been very busy with work, so I might respond a little slow, but will as quickly as possible.

New pics posted shortly.

11. fishy82

$3,000, front casting platform additional $150

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. lsfox86

lsfox86 Lez go feeeeeeesh!!!!!

13. fishy82