Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Flats Stalker 18
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[I'm editing because a few people have been asking for more pics, I figured I would post them here]

We bought this HPX-T in 2009 with 12 hours on it, so it has basically been a 1 owner boat. Always garage kept. We used it 8-10 weekends a year on average. It shows a bit of cosmetic wear and tear but overall is clean for a 15 year old boat. As the pic shows, the bottom of the hull has its share of oyster rash and a couple of spots have worn through the gel coat. Here's our story on that: we have a good fiberglass guy and we keep asking him if we should re-gelcoat the hull. He says he's happy to but we will not see any change in performance. Kind of like the sharkskin principle of a rough surface having less friction through water. (It will only let me attach 10 photos but I can email more of the bottom.)

The motor is a 2013 Yamaha T-60 with around 1,300 hours (we bought it in 2016 from a guide who ran it almost everyday, thus the high hours). Skeg guard just installed.

Trim tabs, trim/tilt, bilge, running lights, all in good working order. No jack plate (doesn't need one). Wired for trolling motor front or back, as well as gps on the console.

McClain trailer has also been serviced regularly, including replacing the axle and bearings in 2016. The boat was kept a short drive from the coast, so the trailer never saw many miles anyway.

Thanks for taking a look! The HPX-T has kept its value really well over the years, and that should continue now that Maverick is no longer building them. Here are most of the accessories and some photos:

Propeller is a 4 blade PowerTech PFS 12" 13 pitch
20' Stiffy push pole
Yeti 45
Custom poling platform
Push pole caddy (on top of platform)
Casting platform
Custom seat cushions
Cushioned mat for captain

If interested or have questions, please contact me at 512-680-8003

·
Registered
Flats Stalker 18
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why does it not have a jackplate? Is it just not necessary?
Correct, not necessary on the HPX-T. The motor is mounted on the highest hole, any higher would lose water pressure. If the boat is floating it will hop up. Why add the weight of the jackplate when you really don't need it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is the most solid rig for getting wherever you want on the TX coast in a poling skiff, you can't beat 'em, someone ought to snatch this up quick! What year is the one in the background of the second photo? Its good to have a stable full of them in my opinion!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ha I feel like this is a trick question. It looks like a friend of mine's which is around a 2014 but not sure.
Definitely no trick, I had a 2005 T and recently "upgraded" to a 2011 T and love the skiff, I just thought it was good looking rig (as is yours of course) and looked newer-ish with the higher console. What are you moving into now?

·
Registered
Flats Stalker 18
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely no trick, I had a 2005 T and recently "upgraded" to a 2011 T and love the skiff, I just thought it was good looking rig (as is yours of course) and looked newer-ish with the higher console. What are you moving into now?
I have another homemade skiff that has been a project over the last decade but finally turned out pretty good. At some point I'll post a thread on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts