Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

***SOLD***Rare coveted boat. Lots of Carbon. No floor. The benchmark against which all other skiffs are measured. It floats in next to nothing. It gets into really skinny water, poles effortlessly but I have no time to get out any more and someone should enjoy this remarkable skiff.

2nd owner: 8 years, fully restored to match original finishes, Guide Green w’ Matterhorn white

Orig specs: 490 lbs, 3.5” draft, 16’-4“ length, 70” beam, plus:

· Retrofit side console

· Retrofit Livorsi LED running lights

· Mercury 60 hp 4-stroke on new transom - low hrs

· 2 yrs Mfg Warranty remaining on engine

· Electric winch

· MotorGuide trolling motor, 24v, 80lb thrust, dual Odyssey batteries

· All new wiring and Odyssey house battery

· Lenco trim tabs

· New custom poling platform w’ Tibor push pole caddy

· Dark green under-gunnel carpet to match original

· Retrofit under-gunnel white LED lights

· New cushions by C Cushions of Corpus Christie, TX

· Twist locks on all hatches

· Custom aft engine light

· Bait well

· Casting platform

· Stake-up pole

· 4-blade SS propeller

· External transom-mounted depth finder/water temperature gauge

· 2003 Ram-Lin Galvanized trailer with spare

· Perfectly maintained with all recommended engine service

· Outstanding condition

$30,000 – 305-853-0404 (between 9am - 9pm EST please) or email interest to [email protected]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You sure about the year and hull number? Hull 7 should be a '98.
Thanks -you are right. It is a no floor but Hull is 612 - based thankfully on info from this forum on how to read HIN#s. My wife researched prior and wrote the copy and thought hull #7 referred to the "No floor" design not an actual hull #. She's made the correction in the title.

F

·
0 Posts
Thanks -you are right. It is a no floor but Hull is 612 - based thankfully on info from this forum on how to read HIN#s. My wife researched prior and wrote the copy and thought hull #7 referred to the "No floor" design not an actual hull #. She's made the correction in the title.

Chris Morejohn left before 2003, so how would he know that's the lightest whipray ever made?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
View attachment 28610 View attachment 28611 Hull #7 is a 1998. It was Ted Juracsik’s boat, which sold to Snookdaddy, then sold on this forum in February 2018. It’s now in Galveston.
Chris Morejohn left before 2003, so how would he know that's the lightest whipray ever made?
Bought it from John Kipp, original owner and he was great buddies with Chris Morejohn. But now that I think back, and my wife's misconception over the meaning of Hull #7, I'm thinking it could have been a part of that so I have had her remove that reference.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
483 Posts
Bought it from John Kipp, original owner and he was great buddies with Chris Morejohn. But now that I think back, and my wife's misconception over the meaning of Hull #7, I'm thinking it could have been a part of that so I have had her remove that reference.
Didn't Kipp have 2 whips? I had a '98 blue one I thought was Kipp's too. Chris provided a different provenance for mine but the old paperwork showed Kipp and some of his clients also recognized it.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Hull #7 was mine until Stevie bought it earlier this year. I bought the boat from Ted juracsik, who bought the boat new in 1998..

According to Chris Morejohn, Hull #7 (Stevie's Whip) is the, or one of the lightest produced during his tenure at HB..

·
I Love microskiff.com!
181 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the skiff while at rest in the water in it’s current condition? Please post them if possible. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Howdy Larry, long time no see... and hope your sale goes well...

I used to see him every day at the Flamingo boat ramp as each of us were setting out or returning with anglers aboard. In those years he was running an 18' waterman... and is first rate - all the way.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts