SOLD/EXPIRED (SOLD) 2003 17 Hybrid Carbon/Kevlar Action Craft

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Creek Runner, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Creek Runner

Creek Runner Well-Known Member

2003 17’ Hybrid Carbon/Kevlar Action Craft $9900.00

Selling boat because new boat is on the way; can demo boat anytime. I still fish out of this boat weekly so just let me know

The Good
    2003 All Carbon fiber/Kevlar hull weighs only 710lbs
    2003 130hp Yamaha The engine runs great but it does have 1400hrs on it. Ran the boat last week in the IFA Championship Redfish tournament in Louisiana with over 45 miles of running in 1 direction to the fishing grounds (Oh and was leading at the end of day 1)

New 24volt Motor guide GW trolling motor w/quick detach with new Blue Top batteries
    Garmin 498C GPS/Sounder Color
    6ft Power pole
    Poling platform, poles like a dream
    Live well/ Release well
    All Aluminum/Stainless trailer with new torsion axles, hubs, rims, and tires
    Boat floats in a true 7.5”
    Will run 50MPH
    This boat is a tournament boat, and has done well on the various circuits with multiple top place finishes and over 20 1st place finishes. Including 1st place Extreme redfish championship and 1St place ESPN Redfish Cup.

This skiff was over 48k new back in 2003.

The bad
    The stringers need some work as there are some soft spots in the floor.

Located in Jacksonville Florida
    Call
    904-777-4096

http://photobucket.com/jaxactioncraft

2. Creek Runner

Re: 2003 17 Hybrid Carbon/Kevlar Action Craft

Bump; Price reduced $8900.00

3. braces43

braces43 I Love microskiff.com!

What is involved in replacing some stringers? Is that a common problem?

4. Creek Runner

The boat would need to be de-rigged and the cap removed to replace the stringers.

It that a common problem? My answer to that question is yes and no.  No Action craft has not had a problem with stringers needing to be replaced.

However this boat is extremely light & runs 50mph, when in a tournament you may have to run the boat hard in less than ideal conditions which puts extreme amounts of stress on the stringers and can cause them to fail. Any boat that is pushed to its limits will have something fail, I don't care who makes it or how new it is.

If you did the repair yourself you could fix them for less than 2k at worst case, a repair shop would probably be around $3500

5. Creek Runner

SOLD