SOLD/EXPIRED SOLD - 2002 Hells Bay Whipray For Sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by mpsig13, Jan 5, 2011.

1. mpsig13

mpsig13 I Love microskiff.com!

2002 Hell’s Bay Whipray
    Powered by 2005 50hp Mercury w/ 4-blade power tech prop on Bob’s Hydraulic jack plate (probably 350-400 hours) has no mechanical issues and had a recent check up when I replaced plugs and fuel pump
    North Star AGM cranking battery with onboard charge (same thing as odyssey batteries only different company, no fluid necessary)
    24v Minn Kota 65 lbs thrust w/remote (removable) with 2 North Star AGM batteries and onboard charger
    Power Pole 6’ with remote (has small leak in exterior fitting but never hindered performance)
    21 ft Stiffy Hybrid push pole (not pictured) plastic tip and foot
    Front casting platform w/ seadek and removable SS rod holder (not pictured)
    Fly line toe rails
    18 Gallon gas tank powder coated and installed just over a year ago (Old one was original and developed a small leak. HB said it was an issue with original design and did the work on new one.)
    2 Kicker speakers (can get annoying loud if necessary) with iPod/smart phone plug in (for Pandora users) connected to a JBL Marine amp (controlled by dedicated power switch)
    YETI 45 quart cooler with dry rack and seat cushion
    Mini tower with backrest for forward passenger(s)
    Garmin GPSmap 441s with sounder (Sounder is useless if you drive this boat where it was meant to be driven. Works great elsewhere)
    12v acc outlet on console (helps keep phone/ipod charged while listening to music)
    Hydraulic steering (sea star)
    Stainless wheel with custom 550 cord wrap (two-tone color) I did it myself and do them as a hobby if you’re interested let me know
    Lenco trim tabs (no hydraulics=no problems)
    Sea Claw anchor (with line and bag) 5lb TRUST ME IT WORKS AWESOME!!!!
    “bail out bag” with Flares, fuses, chem. Lights, first aid etc (I’m a bit of a pessimist) I’m also selling boat with 2 life jackets and one throw cushion
    6 rod tubes (will handle fly rods for you guys who like to make things more difficult…  :cool:
    Poling platform has a removable SS rod holder and a removable cushion to lean on while you drive
    Rear seat cushion
    Auto bilge pump
    Bait well (size unknown but I never said “hey I need a bigger bait well”) with pump and power bubbler
    Pop-up SS cleats
    Ramlin Trailer with newer hubs and removable tongue (with spare) break lights/ taillights work fine
    19900.00 make’s her yours.
    Guys you can’t imagine how bad this hurts to sell her. Anyone who said, “The happiest days with a boat are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it” never met me. This boat has everything, and it all works. This boat has been fished on the east coast, west coast and The Keys. Every time I take it somewhere it turns heads and more importantly has proven rock solid reliable. The boat has less than what you would expect for normal wear and tear for a boat its age. I keep it in outstanding condition just ask my jealous wife.
    It jumps up on plane in nothing and tops out at about 29mph with 2 people beer, gas, and gear. I cruise it across the flat at 20 mph (I’m not a speed freak). The jack plate and 4 blade prop are the key to this boat. It floats in almost nothing and runs in the same.
    I know people who are interested will have questions so please post them in this forum string so everyone can see the answers. NO TIRE KICKERS….PERIOD. I’m reasonable, but not gullible. H20 tests for serious buyers. I get paid all year to detect people’s “Bull $h!t” so please don’t bring it when you come see the boat.
    If you buy it please tow it away quickly and disregard me in your rearview mirror crying like a baby  :'(. Selling her because I will get little to no use out of her in the next two years. It would crush me to see it sit and not be on the water.
    Cell 407 908 2528
    or send message
    minnow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mpsig13

Re: 2002 Hells Bay Whipray For Sale

sorry guys I've tried to get this photobucket thing working several times and no go.
    minnow

3. sshawn75

sshawn75 Well-Known Member

Guys-I have personally fished and ridden in this skiff and it is definitely worth its weight in gold! What you see is what you get. The guy has put multiple hours into making this great boat even better. I wish I could talk him out of selling it or buy it myself (although he would be in garage all the time reminiscing making me crazy) :D, but unfortunately what has to be done has to be done :'( !!! If you have ever thought about owning a Whipray do yourself a favor and at least take a look at this one in person. :)

4. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

I fixed your photos. When you bring them over from photobucket select the option that uses the IMG tag. It should look like this.

Code:
    [IMG]http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/mpsig13/100_1674.jpg[/IMG]

5. mpsig13

Thanks for the assist.
    minnow

6. sshawn75

sshawn75 Well-Known Member

Bump for a sweet ride.

7. Soggy_Dollar

Soggy_Dollar Well-Known Member

Great looking Boat... 2 or four stroke?

8. mpsig13

It's a 2 stroke

minnow

9. gfish

gfish Well-Known Member

How long is it with the removable tongue off?

10. mpsig13

Don't know right off the top of my head, but give me a few hours and I'll try and get a good measurement. It should fit in any two car garage. I back it straight in remove the tongue and still have room in front and back of boat. Also, my house was built in 1981??? so the garage is smaller than what I have experienced in newer homes.

11. gfish

gfish Well-Known Member

I have a shorter 3rd bay I think it's 17 ft. That's why I'm asking. I'm interested.

12. mpsig13

From the back of the motor to the very front it measures approximately 18'7" (give or take one or two inches). You should be able to "catty-corner" it. A friend of mine has a B2 (which is alomst three feet longer) and thats what he does in his third bay.

13. mpsig13

New Price 18500

14. robbiewall

robbiewall I Love microskiff.com!

nice setup, shame you got lead-dunker all over it ;D

bumpidy

15. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

Looks like my dream set up...sorry to see anyone sell a skiff this nice.

16. mpsig13

weathers gettin warmer... took her out to do some fishing in the goon. poled into a nice school and those around had to watch. h2o level is nasty low but we had no issues gettin to them. :cool:

17. mpsig13

sale pending :-[

18. mpsig13

SOLD :'(

19. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

congrats and condolences