SOLD/EXPIRED SOLD - 2000 HELLS BAY BOATWORKS WHIPRAY

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by nomad99, May 12, 2010.

1. nomad99

nomad99 Well-Known Member

Length: 16' / Beam: 70" / Material: Kevlar-Fiberglass / Hull Weight: 350 lbs.
    Engine: 40 HP 1988 Yamaha 2-stroke with manual tilt, well kept.

Accessories:
    Carbon marine tiller extension, Lenco Trim Tabs, Poling Platform w/seadeck, 46lb thrust Motor Guide trolling motor with with Birds All bracket (2 mounting plates), foot switch on platform for rear mounted trolling motor w/plug, 12v battery and storage box, rod stowage, Compass, Stiffy Push Pole hooks, 3 storage compartments, LED front navigation light, Hells Bay Ramlin Galvanized Trailer with torsion bar suspension, spare tire. (Sale does not include front casting platform or push pole)

This Whipray is in great condition, has been garage kept, and is ready to fish. It will float in 3.5 inches and it poles like a dream. It spent the early part of its life in the keys with Tim Borski until I purchased it over a year ago. I am reluctantly selling this skiff and need a larger boat for guiding. Hurry this boat will go fast!
    Asking Price: $12,500

Contact Brian @ 727-631-5578
    captbrian@lostcoastanglers.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Re: 2000 HELLS BAY BOATWORKS WHIPRAY

That's a great price for a killer skiff. That 40 2 smoker is a great motor. I wish I could buy it from ya... Oh well, here is a bump for a great deal!

Cheers

3. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

Nice Boat! Are those tabs upside down?

More Info!

Where is the boat?
    What kind of draft/speed are you getting w/40hp?
    How old is the trailer? Condition?
    Size of gas tank and is it mounted in the front or rear section of the front deck hatch?

From the pictures it looks very nice!!!!!

4. captnron

captnron Guest

Based on your past posts, you need to find a way to look at this boat quick. IMHO it's a great buy as it appeared to be "well used" I don't think it will last long.

I'm pretty sure it's located in Palm Harbor.

5. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

I don't know Brian or this boat, but I'll chime in on the rig in general... I ran one of those 40hp yami's for about 12 years. Most reliable, trouble free outboard I've ever owned. As fer the hull, I may get flamed for this, but I think that design was the last true innovation hull-wise to come out of the micro-skiff realm to date. Even if you don't agree with that, this skiff is the design that all others that followed since are measured by. HB raised and set the bar with this one.

This looks like a very good deal to me and I agree with Ron, it won't or shouldn't last long. - eric

6. nomad99

Ron is right, the Whipray is in Palm Harbor. This Yamaha is very light for a 40hp, as it doesn't have power tilt/trim or starter. The boat will draft about 4" with two on board, small cooler, and gear and can run in about 13-14". As for speed, with the right conditions I'm pushing around 30mph+ (gps). The tank is an aluminum 15gal and is mounted in the rear section of the front deck, a full days worth of fishing and running around I will typically burn 3-4 gallons of fuel. The Ramlin trailer is an 03', the tires are in good shape, and overall has not seen much use. It was purchased used from Hells Bay about one year ago and I was told the previous owner had the trailer parked most of the time. BTW - the tabs are not upside down. That's how they did it on the earlier HB's from what's I've seen, however I'm sure you could flip them if so desired.

7. captnron

captnron Guest

Fixed it for ya.

Why do you think I know the boat. ;)

Someone is going to get a great rig. :cool:

8. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

too funny, I had no idea that was actually my old engine.  ;D 

So there you have it, that "IS" a great engine and has been cared for very well over its lifetime.  :cool:

9. BobR305

BobR305 Guest

The trim tabs are supposed to be like that, they act as keels for flat bottom boats. I had them on my BC Phantom and they help to keep you from sliding in tight turns.

10. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

They go both ways!  ;D So to say!

If you put it in the Florida Sportsman Classifieds it should go fast! If I did not have a similar Hull I would be all over this! If you are not in a hurry to sell (month or so/half payment) I have someone who would take the boat, but you have to sell now to finance the next which is the way it goes! :'(

11. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

Bump for a sweet rig and a deal....... If only I had more parking.

12. nomad99

!!Price reduced!!
    $12,000

13. captnron

captnron Guest

Wow. :eek:

I've seen this boat and someone is going to get a great deal.

Doesn't this boat have the original "leather" non-skid intact?

14. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

If I could snag this thing....it would be a no-brainer! I hope a used Whipray will be around after the house purchase is finalized.

15. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

WOW! Another HB at a great price! Do you think my wife would be mad if I spend my down-payment money on this boat instead of the new house?

16. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

She will get over it and the housing market has yet to bottom-out! I would be all over this if I did not recently get a Waterman. ::)These older HB boats are starting to become investments and are at or very near the bottom. She may come around quick if you show her a Barrett Jackson auction. ;D

17. DSampiero

DSampiero working for the rewards...

Houses are a dime a dozen, an older Whipray could become a unicorn for the next five years...Good luck with the sale!(and the wives).

18. nomad99

The original leather non-skid is intact and in good condition. Here's a couple close up shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. jacksonrh64

jacksonrh64 I Love microskiff.com!

How about posting some new pictures, the above don't work anymore

Thanks

20. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

Wow, nice!So is the "leather" just a texture set into the mold?

Question; what is the distance between those seat bunks?[/quote]