SOLD/EXPIRED SOLD - 17'8 Microskiff

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by FSUNole, Jul 17, 2011.

1. FSUNole

FSUNole Well-Known Member

I hate to sell it but I have had to change to a bigger boat with a recent job relocation and I hate seeing her sitting.  This is a hand built boat that is along the same specs as the glades skiff.  17'8 length 52" wide.  Built by Cpt Dave Sutton in 2004. (he was a carpenter prior to being a guide) West systems epoxy over cedar strips on the sides gives it a true one of a kind look. Kevlar liner.  Draft is an honest 4-5 with gear.  Foam deck professionally built ($1800).  Pop up push pole holder on front deck, casting platform, birdsall TM plate, shark eye nav lights, trim tabs (need new actuators $40 for a pair), "stick it" anchor bracket, rear hatch, accessory plug, twin bilge pumps and I sure I am forgetting some things.  She will run 18-20 mph with a 15hp and 30+ with a 25hp. 2004 Continental trailer included with LED lights.  NO MOTOR INCLUDED.  $2700
    941-725-1145

[​IMG]

2. FSUNole

Re: 17'8 Microskiff

I am trying to figure this picture thing out...so until then PM me you email address and I will send photos.
    Thanks

3. srssrs

srssrs I Love microskiff.com!

Tried to PM you but it will not go through. Can you email photos to stackhouses@hotmail.com? What is the max. HP it will take? Weight rating & # of persons? Thanks....Steve

4. stheisen

stheisen I Love microskiff.com!

also curious on the overall weight of the skiff...thanks

5. FSUNole

Thanks for the interest. I have been sending out pics to those who have asked. I have had as many as 4 people and a lab in the boat at once for duck hunting but I would usually fish with 2-3. 2 only with fly fishing. It is not coast guard rated as far as HP max but I would not put more than a 30 hp on it as that would push you closer to 35-40 mph. The transom could handle more if that is what you are into but I loved the 15hp (especially for no motor zones!)

Snooker8...Dave said that the bare hull wt was somewhere around 265 lbs...hence the shallow draft and speed numbers.

6. FSUNole

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Now that's a pretty skiff. I like.

Steve

8. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

You know I just saw pics of this skiff on Sutton's facebook page about a month ago! Good luck with the sale. that's a real pretty hull on her!

9. jmarkklock

jmarkklock Well-Known Member

You have a PM

10. FSUNole

Deposit being held so sale is pending.  Case you are next in line followed by Erick then James if it falls through!  Microskiff....just for your info and to show what this site is capable of

12 PMs, 32 phone calls and 400 plus views in 24 hours....should have asked for more!!!

Thanks

11. FSUNole

Re: 17'8 Microskiff---SOLD

SOLD
    thanks