SOLD/EXPIRED (SOLD) 01 MAKO 1550 Inshore w/60 hp MERC $8000++lots of pics

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by swampfox, Oct 5, 2010.

1. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

This is the inshore center console version with 60HP Merc w/SS prop 24V Motorguide great white trolling motor. It features all composite construction-last forever,no-slap hull design, Lenco elec trim tabs,factory poling platform, 2 livewells-one is a crustacion in rear,spray rails, non skid upper deck, built in alum 12 gal tank,flyline rail is built into front deck-not bolted on like most, 8 rear facing rod tubes (for quick rod change from deck)under the the walk around gunnels-each capable of holding 9ft+fly rods plus 6 vertical on side of center console, also 2 removeable at rear platform, LEDs including cockpit lights, GPS fishfinder, New galv trailer in 08 with full LEDs and foldaway tongue so it fits in the garage. This boat is made for hunting fish. It floats very shallow thanks to the 2 rear sponsons-true 6 inch draft w/2 people. You can fish the flooded grass flats when the reds are tailing. This boat is very capable Rob Fordice won the coveted Gold Cup fly tournament in the 17ft version against all the big money boats such as Hellsbay, Maverick, Dolphin, Silverking, ect.-so if you dont catch fish its not the boats fault!! Its alot of boat for the money small enough to get in and turn around in the creeks. Plus it has timeless styling.  404*376*6711 Jon
    Almost forgot the Stiffy pushpole,pop-up cleat, and that she has a stepped hull for better efficientcy & speed.
    Boat is in SC but can deliver reasonable distances such as Mosquito Lagoon(where me and this boat spent most of our time together) area as long as we can fish

2. swampfox

Re: 01 MAKO 1550 Inshore w/60 hp MERC $8000++lots of pics

pic

3. swampfox

pic

4. swampfox

pic

5. swampfox

All these pics were taken over the weekend. I am in the process of giving her a good buff and polish so will just get prettier!!

6. swampfox

Self bailing cockpit.

7. swampfox

Just did a compression test last night while I was checking the plugs. It had 125psi+ on all 3 cylinders. It will also have fresh plugs since those were shot.

8. Bob_Rogers

Bob_Rogers I Love microskiff.com!

That's the nicest 1550 rig I've seen - got every thing that hull needs. I spent a lot of time on a friends in the 10K Islands, Flamingo and Biscayne Bay. Quietest hull I've ever been on, and a suprisingly good ride for its size. Definately an under-appreciated design.

9. swampfox

Thanks Bobber. Stil not exactly sure why am selling it.We fish some big schools of reds(100 plus) in shallow sounds in SC at low tide. Kinda like a big 1-3 foot deep 30 acre pool. And have had the school litterally split around the boat. That's alot of eyes and ears. Very spooky!

10. swampfox

Forgot to add that it has a brand new axle assembly-hubs-bearings and all. I had Bearing Buddy fail and it chewed up the stub axle. So I went ahead and replaced the whole assembly. It also has a fuel water seperator which is important with the ethanol in gas these days.

11. swampfox

Also just got the seat back from the upholster. Your stanky butt will be the first to sweat on it ;D

Dont know how many more pics I can post. But got alot of request hope this satisfies the curious.

12. swampfox

another pic

13. swampfox

pic

14. swampfox

Note: the marks on the front of the console is where the latches mount. I had them off for replacement. I have 2 new latches for the front seat and rear deck/hatch cover.

15. swampfox

Did I mention this is a fully cored and bagged 500lb hull!! Everything is cored including the console and even the poling platform! Somebody better hurry and buy this before I change my mind.Because the fishing is about to be insane here in SC. I cannot promise there will not be some blood and guts on it. ;D I have seen Ghenoes go for more than this. I am open to REASONABLE offers. But I do not have to sell it. It would just make it easier and quicker to finance a side project. So dont waste my time with low ball offers. I have got a few already. :mad: There were so few of these out there that the NADA isnt accurate on what the value of this boat is-01 1550 01 merc 60-06 trailer for $4k my ass. ;D You couldnt put a good jon boat together for that. Much less a boat with this many features and build quality. I have seen what others with 30hp motors and faded hulls side console and such sell for mid to low $7 . So I think it is priced in the right range.

16. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Best of luck to ya Swamp! That's a very nice looking boat.

I hate to say it though, you'll have to be patient most likely. Boats are not selling well currently and we are leaving the boating season. You have it priced right in my opinion, but have to wait for the right person to come along.

17. swampfox

For all you lowballers that keep refering to NADA saying it only worth $4500 to $5000. Check this out and then go buy a Hells Bay for $5300 !! ;D ;D

NADA used boat value
    1998 HELL'S BAY BOATWORKS WHIPRAY SERIES MOSQUITO LAGOON TILLER/FO

October 20, 2010 
    Boats and Personal Watercraft
    Length:  17'   
    Model Name/Description:  MOSQUITO LAGOON TILLER/FO   
    Boat Type:  Outboard Boats   
    Hull Material:  Kevlar   

Beam:  5' 10"   
    Engine:  1
    26 HP
    Gasoline   
    Net Weight:  375

Low Retail    Average Retail
    Base Price
        $5,370   $6,080   
    TOTAL PRICE   $5,370   $6,080

Good Luck

18. swampfox

Absolute no BS lowest price is $7600 not negotiable. Boat was bought in 06 so even though its a 01 its has the wear of a 06

19. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Patience grasshopper! Boat looks clean, price sounds right, it just takes a little more time to sell a boat these days. It's been for sale for 2 weeks, let it sit and the right buyer will come.

Patience.... :)

-T

20. Flyguy22

Flyguy22 Well-Known Member

One hell of a deal, and a great looking skiff. Sure wish I had the cash. Good luck with the sale. And you might want to edit your first post, with respect to the captain you mentioned. "Captain Rob Fordyce".