Solas 4 Blade?

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by Gramps, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Has anyone run a Solas 4 blade? I've only found the Solas to fit my Tohatsu, well Michigan Wheel has a 4 blade but only goes up to a 10 pitch. Heck Powertech doesn't even make one, at least that I can find on their website. If you know of a another manufacturer, please let me know. P.S. I'm looking for an aluminum prop.

I know some folks had bad experiences with Solas 3 blades, was just curious to see if the 4 blades are different.

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Why 4 blade? Better hole shot but lower top speed than a 3 blade.

3. Gramps

Gramps Living &amp; Dying in 3/4 Time

I found out yesterday there are some very shallow bars we cross down here and I'd like to raise the motor up a hole or two. Looking at a 4 blade with the hope it will handle this better.

But half of it is I just want to!  ;D And maybe even a jackplate and trim tabs...  ;)

4. Frank_Sebastian

Frank_Sebastian Well-Known Member

Gramps I am very familiar with Solas props. I haven't heard any bad reports from anyone around here? I think they have the best alloy of any manufacture I have seen.

Frank_S

5. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

When we did our 4 stroke shoot out we did a side test using a 3 blade Power Tech prop that worked well. Call Marcus at Power Tech, he can help you if you can not find an answer from Solas.

6. Flyline

Flyline Won &quot;Do More With Less&quot; Award!

Get a 3 blade powertech propeller with heavly cupped........bad ass prop. I got it from baumen marine in Texas. That guy knows what he is doing......30 years in experience in props, flats skiff and tunnel hulls. Dont need a 4 blade.

I ran my old 25hp merc with baumen 3 blade s.s cupped propeller on my old LT25. I ran 5 inches when trimmed high without jackplate. I'm not kidding ask palmcoaster in CG forum. It's the secret I know how it works and I'm not telling! ;D

7. Gramps

Gramps Living &amp; Dying in 3/4 Time

Thanks for the info guys. I'll give Baumann a call especially since they are only a few miles from me.

Blake what was the cost for the PT, pm me if you want.

8. Flyline

Flyline Won &quot;Do More With Less&quot; Award!

I think it's $280 for powertech 3 blade s.s propeller and $100-150 for propeller work from Baumaan marine.