Snake Oil ?

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by noeettica, Jul 30, 2009.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Bought a bottle of Sentry Gasoline Plus anyone test this yet ?

Or am I the first ?

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

ask captron

http://www.theskiffshop.com/sentry/sentry.html

3. Kemo

Kemo The world is flat....and shallow.

What does this stuff cost?

Kemo :cool:

4. noeettica

I bought mine from the Nose Bleed Guy Paid 3 bucks too much ... But it can be had for around 10 Bucks for 8 ounces ...

Unleaded Race fuel is about 8 bucks a gallon ...

dave

5. noeettica

Sentry FLUNKS ! 5.5 GX Honda Kept under Cover Ambiant Humidity .... Water seperated out of gas !!! about 2 weeks !!!

The Marine Guy said " This Stuff makes water Burn " Ahhhh [smiley=bs.gif] [smiley=spank.gif]

Drained Sump and Bowl added 1/2 Ounce of sentry to tank ... NO Inprovement !!! SNAKE OIL!!!

Back to Square One :-(

6. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

theres gotta be something more to the story about your fuel, I've had mine sitting around for 3 months with no issues and no stabilizer, just oil. did you drain the tank and it happened again? or are you trying to repair crap fuel?

7. noeettica

Drained the Fuel ... New Fuel ..."new fuel"only 2 weeks old was treated with sentry ..will work more on it tomorrow ...

After that I'm buying Avgas and adding TCP

8. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

You sure you didn't get that local spring water instead of gas. I would be concerned about where that fuel came from. Good Luck.

9. firecat1981

theres something wrong here, even without an additive you shouldn't have any issues for a month or so.

10. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

x2 - there seams to be some details missing.

11. nickgobrich

nickgobrich I Love microskiff.com!

x3  Does seem like there is definitely another issue here! I have been using a product called Star-Tron to combat ethanol. Great product,kind of expensive, but you only get what you pay for....

12. firecat1981

if it is outside maybe theres a crack in the tank thats letting water leak in or something? or a bad seal on a fitting, cause there is no way problems like this would arise from the fuel after just 2 weeks, if so then everyone would have broken down boats in there yards.

13. Tom_C

Tom_C Well-Known Member

X2,

Do you put the cap on the tank. Have you piss some one off that may be adding water to your tank???

14. noeettica

latest info Sentry seems to work the best of the three The motor almost runs on what seperates out ... And not as much seperates out ... And after You Drain the 3 ounces from 1.5 gallons The motor will run on half choke or no choke at half load ... 5.5 Gx Honda ... Gas less than 3 Days old Runs like New ....

Dave

The Boat which the tank is 100% sealed is fairing much better except except the expansion and contraction on the seald tank is scairy ...

15. Kemo

Kemo The world is flat....and shallow.

An IED, perhaps? Mix gas/oil 50/50 and that should keep it from exploding. [smiley=anim_sniper2.gif]

Kemo :cool: