Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Snagless Platform Holder is designed to be installed in a convenient location on a horizontal poling platform top, boat deck or rail, so that a push pole can be quickly, quietly and securely stored when the poler needs to perform other tasks, such as casting to a sighted fish or assisting the angler on the bow. The unique shape of the Platform Holder’s gripping radius allows for a variety of installation heights, from close to the water at deck level, all the way up to the height of a standard poling platform. In addition, the 360° rotation of the holder top permits easy pole storage at almost any horizontal angle from the boat, while also letting a stored pole revolve freely as the boat drifts or spins due to wind or current.

Unlike anything else on the market, there are no swivels, shafts or pivoting/protruding parts that stick out and can be broken off or snag onto things like fly lines. They are also designed to be highly durable and quiet, so that the parts won’t rattle when running the outboard, which is a common problem with some popular push pole caddies and clips. Plus, if the rotation point ever does happen to loosen up, the adjustment screw is easily accessible.

Snagless Platform Holders - Available in two colors and two sizes. $65.

Rotates 360°.

Easy, one-handed storage and removal.

All prices include free shipping in the continental US. Visit http://www.hammertechmarine.com to learn more and purchase through our online store.

Builder inquiries and custom requests welcome.

HammerTech Marine LLC

1701 Dogwood Forest Way

Lake Mary, FL 32746

407-49-HAMMER (407-494-2663)

[email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts

The Snagless Platform Holder is designed to be installed in a convenient location on a horizontal poling platform top, boat deck or rail, so that a push pole can be quickly, quietly and securely stored when the poler needs to perform other tasks, such as casting to a sighted fish or assisting the angler on the bow. The unique shape of the Platform Holder’s gripping radius allows for a variety of installation heights, from close to the water at deck level, all the way up to the height of a standard poling platform. In addition, the 360° rotation of the holder top permits easy pole storage at almost any horizontal angle from the boat, while also letting a stored pole revolve freely as the boat drifts or spins due to wind or current.

Unlike anything else on the market, there are no swivels, shafts or pivoting/protruding parts that stick out and can be broken off or snag onto things like fly lines. They are also designed to be highly durable and quiet, so that the parts won’t rattle when running the outboard, which is a common problem with some popular push pole caddies and clips. Plus, if the rotation point ever does happen to loosen up, the adjustment screw is easily accessible.

Snagless Platform Holders - Available in two colors and two sizes. $65.

Rotates 360°.

Easy, one-handed storage and removal.

All prices include free shipping in the continental US. Visit http://www.hammertechmarine.com to learn more and purchase through our online store.

Builder inquiries and custom requests welcome.

HammerTech Marine LLC

1701 Dogwood Forest Way

Lake Mary, FL 32746

407-49-HAMMER (407-494-2663)

[email protected]
W

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Stiffy hybrid. What size would I need?
CPurvis, the modern Stiffy Hybrids are 1 3/8", so you would use the medium platform holder. I have heard that some years back Stiffy changed the diameter of the Hybrid poles, so if it's an older pole you may want to double check it before ordering. Either way, if you did discover that the pole was too large for the holder, you could exchange the holder at no charge.

·
Registered
930 Posts
CPurvis, the modern Stiffy Hybrids are 1 3/8", so you would use the medium platform holder. I have heard that some years back Stiffy changed the diameter of the Hybrid poles, so if it's an older pole you may want to double check it before ordering. Either way, if you did discover that the pole was too large for the holder, you could exchange the holder at no charge.
Thanks do you make gunwale rod holders?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An on the water demonstration of how HammerTech Marine's new Snagless Platform Holder works. They are designed to be installed in a convenient location on a horizontal poling platform top, boat deck or rail, so that a push pole can be quickly, quietly and securely stored when the poler needs to perform other tasks, such as casting to a sighted fish or assisting the angler on the bow.

·
Registered
930 Posts
So about to order the pole holder in the next week or so and I also want to order the pushpole snagless mushroom holders too. What size do to recommend for the mushroom holders?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So about to order the pole holder in the next week or so and I also want to order the pushpole snagless mushroom holders too. What size do to recommend for the mushroom holders?
CPurvis, the different sizes of Snagless Push Pole Holders only refers to the diameter of the base. The holding radius itself is identical between the holder sizes. So any of them will work with any pole on the market. The reason we offer the different sized bases is simply because some people like the look of the larger base, or they want to cover up holes or blemishes from previous installations. I normally recommend the 1.5" holders, unless you have a reason to go with the larger base.

·
Registered
930 Posts
CPurvis, the different sizes of Snagless Push Pole Holders only refers to the diameter of the base. The holding radius itself is identical between the holder sizes. So any of them will work with any pole on the market. The reason we offer the different sized bases is simply because some people like the look of the larger base, or they want to cover up holes or blemishes from previous installations. I normally recommend the 1.5" holders, unless you have a reason to go with the larger base.
Oh I see. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts