Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Smitty's 17 Explorer 2003 hull for sale. $2,550.00. Made in Florida City. Sea foam green. Technical skinny water skiff with custom welded Alum poling platform. Classic MicroSkiff style.
Fished this boat up and down with a 25 hp two stroke Yamaha with a must have Dolphin or equal planer attached to cavitation plate. Tops out at 27 mph. Any outboard motor heavier then that on the back of this will swamp the stern. Reinforced transom. Trolling motor mount on right front with Battery/Anchor hatch up front. Dry storage hatch in aft. Bait well/cooler front deck. Front Deck hatch needs some fiberglass work on hinge. Concealed fuel line to front Storage compartment. Amazing for running the rivers and creeks.
Backwater to flats fishing and lobstering. Been through the 10,000 Islands, to the Shark Rivers, Flamingo, Pennekamp, keys and Biscayne Bay. Fly, bait or cast. Great freshwater skiff too. Galvanized trailer has two good tires one spare, repacked bearings and new leaf springs ... 1-7/8" hitch and spare light harness. Some light bulbs are out. Self bailing deck with separate bilge. This Microskiff does not need much TLC its ready to fish now. 17 foot length provides full two person casting. Recommend motor two stroke 25 hp Yamaha or Mercury, again head up, any thing bigger/heavier is crime on this boat. Trolling motor or outboard not included. No Nav lights. Normal scratches on the bottom no leaks fiberglass hull no cracks. $2,550.00. Not looking to make a deal just looking to pass the baton on to someone who appreciates this boat. Let me know if you would like any additional pics or info. Original documentation with clean title.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I had same boat and can say that that's the perfect motor for the boat very stable fishing platform way better than a gheenoe in my opinion. Good luck with sale looks like a fair price. On a side note my cousin has same boat with a 40 2 stroke but he better up the back and put in center console. Tiller is way to go though good luck again

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard about guys running more hp on this boat and it would put you in the water..Ran like top with the 25 and never needed to worry about a dead starting battery.
Thanks,

Hank

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,387 Posts
Definitely a bigger hull (wider and longer than anything Gheenoe has, with an actual gunnel.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
88 Posts
Original Smitty's 17 Explorer 2003 hull for sale. $2,550.00. Made in Florida City. Sea foam green. Technical skinny water skiff with custom welded Alum poling platform. Classic MicroSkiff style.
Fished this boat up and down with a 25 hp two stroke Yamaha with a must have Dolphin or equal planer attached to cavitation plate. Tops out at 27 mph. Any outboard motor heavier then that on the back of this will swamp the stern. Reinforced transom. Trolling motor mount on right front with Battery/Anchor hatch up front. Dry storage hatch in aft. Bait well/cooler front deck. Front Deck hatch needs some fiberglass work on hinge. Concealed fuel line to front Storage compartment. Amazing for running the rivers and creeks.
Backwater to flats fishing and lobstering. Been through the 10,000 Islands, to the Shark Rivers, Flamingo, Pennekamp, keys and Biscayne Bay. Fly, bait or cast. Great freshwater skiff too. Galvanized trailer has two good tires one spare, repacked bearings and new leaf springs ... 1-7/8" hitch and spare light harness. Some light bulbs are out. Self bailing deck with separate bilge. This Microskiff does not need much TLC its ready to fish now. 17 foot length provides full two person casting. Recommend motor two stroke 25 hp Yamaha or Mercury, again head up, any thing bigger/heavier is crime on this boat. Trolling motor or outboard not included. No Nav lights. Normal scratches on the bottom no leaks fiberglass hull no cracks. $2,550.00. Not looking to make a deal just looking to pass the baton on to someone who appreciates this boat. Let me know if you would like any additional pics or info. Original documentation with clean title.
Can I get your contact information, I am interested in checking your skiff out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Definitely a bigger hull (wider and longer than anything Gheenoe has, with an actual gunnel.
its 16 and a lotta change . im trying to up load the original sales brochure its a pdf but wont up load im taking a picture and lets see if you can see that. its the original advertisement classic. check back soon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts