Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya’ll I’m possibly in the market for a SM 1656, Ankona Native 17, Or Ankona Cayenne. I currently have a 177 Scout and wanted to get in skinnier water. Can anyone vouch for how any of these perform in CHS waters, specifically in the Intercostal or Wando River?

Also If anyone is thinking of selling in the next few months let me know haha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How often are you being limited by your draft? You may gain an extra inch or two but it will come at the expense of comfort as I doubt either will handle the river or ICW chop as well as the scout.

That being said, if you just want a new boat don't let me stand in your way.
Right now I get about 10-12 inches of draft and I don’t find myself going out on windy or choppy days, I’m just considering a new boat from a longevity standpoint as my scout is an 03.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know if/when you want to sell that scout. Right up my alley as far as size.
Im putting a deposit down this week possibly for a 1656 and Production time says it’ll be ready by July. I’m thinking about selling in May-June

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alrighty put the deposit down for a SM1656 Center Console today thank ya’ll for the help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wondering why you went SM over ankona as I’m between those models as well as an xpress 185 skiff.
Well they're the same company and the Ankonas I'm looking at are 12-18 months out and I don't have the time. Also I have a friend who has an 1444 and his only downside is that he wished it was bigger, so I went with the 16

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gotcha. Been eyeing the heron 18, native SUV and cayenne. Can you get Kevlar on an ankona or just a salt marsh?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotcha. Been eyeing the heron 18, native SUV and cayenne. Can you get Kevlar on an ankona or just a salt marsh?
If I’m not mistaken their new model is Kevlar I think, don’t quote me haha. But Kevlar is definitely a plus for the occasional oyster sand bar trips

1 - 11 of 11 Posts