Slow or no responces from venders on microskiff...WHY?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mudd_minnow, Jun 30, 2013.

1. mudd_minnow

mudd_minnow BE THE LURE

Hello all,
    Not trying to bash the vendors on this web site but,
      I've heard several members complain because vendors will not respond to emails, phone calls, or text messaging with in a reasonable amount of time. I just don't understand why this should be happening. You post your products here for us to view and you to sell, people request info, your slow or do not respond.

Here are some of the answers I got.

1. Don't know how to post pictures and info.
    2. Don't have time.
    3. That is what the sales people should be doing.
    4. There are a bunch of computer commandos that know nothing and just want to bash the products.
    5. I waist to much time talking to non-purching customers about my products.
    6. Going to boat shows, or even showing products to local fishing clubs cost to much and I don't get any sales from it.

This is free advertisment for you. This also a great place to try out the products, get valuable info and work out the bugs. Obvously, if your not selling the product(s) then, your sales people are not on the ball. If your not going to pay attension and follow up with requests, why are you waisting your time. Last but not least, if you can't take a little criticizim then your not going to make it in the business world.

PLEASE ask for help. I've, more than once, went to a local maufacture and posted pics for him, answered questions from forum members about his products and they have sold because of my interactions.

There are alot of great products that come from microskiff.com. I, for one, want to see this site grow because it will take more than a village to rebuild this economy.

Maybe Microskiff could have a vendor show once a month that forum members could go and check out the products posted on the board. Maybe even a forum get together and prizes could be provided by the vendors........COOL.

Maybe not but it sounded good. I don't mind getting away from the family and having a "ALL ABOUT ME" day.

2. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Muddy- what you typed is right in so many ways. However, who cares.

The vendors that take the time and spend the effort to communicate with their prospective customers will grow their business and those who treat the customers as an inconvenience, operate as a part time hobby, or worse yet- subcontract their work will eventually disappear.

Then those who close their doors will simply place blame on everything other than themselves. They do not care and I do not care to support those vendors. It is pretty clear which vendors have the desire to grow their businesses.

As for this...I think the forum is the best vendor show and the show is available any day or time I want to go. So many posts, pics and comments about the good, bad and the ugly and I don't have to spend a nickle in gas.

3. mudd_minnow

mudd_minnow BE THE LURE

Quote: Muddy- what you typed is right in so many ways. However, who cares.

Thats Funny....... :D :D :D

4. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

Microskiff doesn't really have "vendors". No one goes through a process to become a vendor on here like on some paid forums. Anyone can make a thread in this section as you can see below. It's a crapshoot.

5. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

I try to reply to all PM's, but since there's no reminder that automatically pops up when you log on like there is on other boards that lets one know there is a new message. I sometimes don't realize I have a few PM's, then answer a few when I do notice. I don't sell much on here. I had posted a regular thread just to show my artwork in the general section with no intention of trying to sell them. But once they saw people actually started hitting me up to buy them off me, they moved my thread to the dungeon(commercial) to never be seen again. I still sell a great amount of artwork, just none through this site.

6. mudd_minnow

mudd_minnow BE THE LURE

I really was not trying to put any vendors on the hot seat. I just wanted to let them know that there is help out there for them by forum members willing to help. Also, to show fustration to the ones who just make excuses why they can't get off their butt and respond.

On the bottom of the page you respond to has a place you can put a check if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic. Check this box and you will get a notice of reply for you to respond to.

7. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] The Commercial Zone [move by] iMacattack.

8. mudd_minnow

mudd_minnow BE THE LURE

iMacattac,
    Why was this topic moved from here?

9. iMacattack

[edit]Welcome to The Commercial Zone.

Why did we set up the Commercial Zone?
    We wanted a place where our forum members who also work in more of a professional capacity can have a safe environment to post their reviews and observations of a product or service. Readers will know the affiliation you have with the manufacture and you will not be singled out in a normal post as a profiteer.  

How does this section work?
    We ask that you please provide all the manufacture info as possible. We request that when reviewing a product you supply and Model Numbers or other product identifiers as this will make it easier for our members to seek out the product and purchase it.

Why did my post get poofed?
    We will moderate this section heavily. Both to protect yourself, your manufacture and most importantly microskiff.com. If at any time the post goes outside the bounds of what is acceptable, microskiff.com admin and mods reserve the right to alter or remove any part of your topic at anytime.

This section is also for any business to post their warez. Posts are limited to 1 (one) product per topic. You must supply the following in order to post a for sale topic;

• Business Name
    • Business Contact Person for this sale
    • Address
    • Phone Number
    • Email address
    • Website (if applicable)
    • Description of Product for sale
    • Pictures (all products must be accompanied by pictures)
    • Price

Failure to follow this format can result in your post being deleted at anytime without warning. Posting items for sale commercially is currently free and will remain free until such time that we decide otherwise. We reserve the right to modify the terms of this section as we get a feel for its usefulness.[/edit]

10. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

The first rule of commercial zone is you do not talk about commercial zone.

11. mudd_minnow

mudd_minnow BE THE LURE

Mattyvac,

QUOTE:
    The first rule of commercial zone is you do not talk about commercial zone.  ( Wow! sounds like Germany 1942)

But, any way please clarify what your talking about because, If you read any part of my posting there is no talk of said  "Commercial Zone", bashing of said Commercial Zone, or any bashing of manufactures or their products. I simply make an observation, express my concern with possible reasons why these are happening, and offer possible solutions to resolve the situation.

I believe this is a great section for all manufactures to post their products and answer any questions. I also believe if they place their info and pictures about there products, they should be held accountable to respond within a reasonable amount of time about their products and service. 

In the rules it says this "We wanted a place where our forum members who also work in more of a professional capacity can have a safe environment to post their reviews and observations of a product or SERVICE".

That is exactly what I've posted about  "Service" and the lack of ...

12. Megalops

Megalops Rex Kwan Do Dojo

The Second Rule about Commercial Zone is you do not talk about Commercial Zone.

13. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

Chill out son, have you never seen the movie fight club? Lol

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=i2lmFCqbJcI[/media]

14. iMacattack

First and formost everyone chill the heck out.

If we wanted to prevent conversations about such topics then the post would have been completely removed. So get you panties out of a wad and chill out. The topic was moved to the appropriate section. If you disagree on the moving of the post, tough. We have been very liberal about posts in proper sections because for the majority of the time our members self govern quite well.

IF you have an issue with a specific person/vendor and are not getting a response back from them then contact a forum mod. If we can help we will. The vendor section is completely voluntary on the part of vendor who wishes to communicate with the forum audience. If the vendor does not respond through all methods they provide for contact then move on.

[edit]Welcome to The Commercial Zone.

Why did we set up the Commercial Zone?
    We wanted a place where our forum members who also work in more of a professional capacity can have a safe environment to post their reviews and observations of a product or service. Readers will know the affiliation you have with the manufacture and you will not be singled out in a normal post as a profiteer.  

How does this section work?
    We ask that you please provide all the manufacture info as possible. We request that when reviewing a product you supply and Model Numbers or other product identifiers as this will make it easier for our members to seek out the product and purchase it.

Why did my post get poofed?
    We will moderate this section heavily. Both to protect yourself, your manufacture and most importantly microskiff.com. If at any time the post goes outside the bounds of what is acceptable, microskiff.com admin and mods reserve the right to alter or remove any part of your topic at anytime.

This section is also for any business to post their warez. Posts are limited to 1 (one) product per topic. You must supply the following in order to post a for sale topic;

• Business Name
    • Business Contact Person for this sale
    • Address
    • Phone Number
    • Email address
    • Website (if applicable)
    • Description of Product for sale
    • Pictures (all products must be accompanied by pictures)
    • Price

Failure to follow this format can result in your post being deleted at anytime without warning. Posting items for sale commercially is currently free and will remain free until such time that we decide otherwise. We reserve the right to modify the terms of this section as we get a feel for its usefulness.[/edit]

We could shut it down and force vendors to pay a fee to have their warze posted on the site. We don't. It is my beliefe that the site is here to help enhance the popularity of the small skiff segment and those who make products for us skiffers. Thus the reason it has remained open and free to everyone.

Let's not ruin it.

15. mudd_minnow

mudd_minnow BE THE LURE

wow

Thanks for the clarification

[smiley=z-respect.gif]

16. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

Jan said " panties", is that suitable for a family message board? ;D ;D

17. iMacattack

Good point, maybe I should have said bloomers... ;D

18. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

That dissertation was too well written for an engineer. I think his wife wrote it. :-/