Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking to have a sliding transducer mount on my boat. Does any one know where to buy one in the USA? Everything I have found are from stores in Australia.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
473 Posts
What’s your experience with these? How accurate are they? Is there a brand better than others? I have a Garmin and not too happy with performance and it seems to be installed right

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can you use a shoot thru hull transducer?

I can't, I have a hog island skiff, it is rotomolded with a foam core. I am also looking to have a side imaging unit, so I am going to put a 3-in-1 scan (simrad unit) on the back.

What’s your experience with these? How accurate are they? Is there a brand better than others? I have a Garmin and not too happy with performance and it seems to be installed right
No experience, just looking for a solution with having to fabricate something.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Learn something new every day... Never seen one of these... Most transom mount setups do have a bit of sliding capability - but that's only to dial in the transducer (make sure it's that tiny amount below your hull's surface..).

The downside to me is that each time you're having to re-adjust your transducer to get it to work properly.... unless it's mounted so that it's right on target at the farthest bottom position on that sliding mount...

·
BBA Counselor
7,230 Posts
I might get one of those. Seems like a good item. Drill your transom once and never have to again even if you change transducers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts