Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m spoiled but crooked boats in lifts give me fits. ESP mine.

4CFD6589-00E1-4C2A-9E0B-EDFC4052538B.jpeg

904B64D0-3033-4017-812D-847050CAF1AD.jpeg

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,528 Posts
Get a cradle instead of straps. Once you get the cradle level, guide posts aligned and the support bunks right, the boat will always be straight and level. Also supports the boat much better than straps.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a cradle instead of straps. Once you get the cradle level, guide posts aligned and the support bunks right, the boat will always be straight and level. Also supports the boat much better than straps.
I’m gonna do the cradle I think. Have you priced them? I’m a DIY guy, but would probably buy the cradle and install myself.

·
Registered
988 Posts
A friend brought me some 6" channel, some 3" channel and some 3" X 1/4" flat bar. He provided the dimensions of his lift and his boat (a bass boat). I built him one and he had it galvanized and installed it. I have no idea what buying one outright would have cost him, but he said I saved him a pile of shekels. It was a very easy build with a MIG rig. I designed it to be adjustable in case he bought a new boat; it would have been even easier to build it strictly for his hull.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,528 Posts
I’m gonna do the cradle I think. Have you priced them? I’m a DIY guy, but would probably buy the cradle and install myself.
BH-USA sells un assembled cradle kits. They are super easy to put together and install in your boat slip. I won't ever have slings holding my boat up. In the one pic with the guide post, you can see a green line. The mark is my lower the lift to line so the lower unit will clear at full tilt down and full jack plate down. I use it as a quick visual check when I come in to see if the lift needs to go down in case the tide has gone out. Also makes it easy for someone lowering the boat for me to know that the lift is low enough.

Attachments

Reactions: Surffshr

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet set-up man. I’ll check out BH-USA.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rusty pliers, white pvc rod holders misaligned gas caps and hatch latches get me every time. Oh the skiff still looks crooked. Better test that level.
He didn't even catch you were referring to his boat.
Thanks for pointing these things out. Luckily that is a 1.75 of Weller 12 so I should be ok med wise for a bit.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did say the “one thing”...LOL!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts