Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Enjoyed the meetup. Not used to being out there on a weekend though; a lot more traffic than I’m used to.

When we got back to the ramp something (ladyfish or smacks?) was busting bait out in the channel. We stopped and Lolli & I threw everything at them. We still went home skunked.........

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sorry for the double post. It wouldn’t post either one at first. Then it posted both, and won’t delete either one. I hate computers.......

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,441 Posts
I have met Messana. Left to right who are these fine fly fishing humans?

I will try to make the next one
L to R front row: Jim, Lolli, Chad, Eric, Cameron, Tom
Back row: Mason, Brad, Jay, Justin
Not pictured: (stuck in traffic but made it out not long after the official pic) Corey B
Most of us are on Microskiff and/or Insta. Many of us are on Houston Fly Fishing on FB too.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,441 Posts
So there is a skiff meet up on the schedule for this Saturday but the wind forecast is for SW 10-20 which would absolutely suck for making run to the Pass, especially in a skiff. Winds for Sunday aren't looking any better. Haven't heard too much chatter on the local interwebz about folks looking to meet up. @MMessana whatcha thinkin'?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
35 Posts
So there is a skiff meet up on the schedule for this Saturday but the wind forecast is for SW 10-20 which would absolutely suck for making run to the Pass, especially in a skiff. Winds for Sunday aren't looking any better. Haven't heard too much chatter on the local interwebz about folks looking to meet up. @MMessana whatcha thinkin'?
I'm out this Saturday. Fishing the West End Slam.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,441 Posts
I'm out this Saturday. Fishing the West End Slam.
Yeah, I'm thinking sitting under the house in the hammock swings, sipping on quality brown juice and grilling...maybe hop in the canal and float on the foam mat.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
35 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking sitting under the house in the hammock swings, sipping on quality brown juice and grilling...maybe hop in the canal and float on the foam mat.
I'm hoping to get my rig back from Simmons on Friday. If so, I'll swing by on my booze cruise!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Yeah I'm out on this weekend. I should be around for the last two though!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I’m out as well. Work has me slammed and trying to take off the following weekend to fish in POC.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,441 Posts
So these are the reprobates responsible for the severe spike of covid in TX. LOL. Glad you all had a good time, need these all around the microskiff community.
Yes, we were protesting something for sure...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,013 Posts
Been meaning to get out to one of these but haven’t had time. Won’t make Saturday either as my oldest has a baseball tournament.

That being said- would folks care if kids came?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,441 Posts
Been meaning to get out to one of these but haven’t had time. Won’t make Saturday either as my oldest has a baseball tournament.

That being said- would folks care if kids came?
More the merrier. These are very chill meet ups and the sand bars down at the Pass are smooth, clean, hard sand that are perfect for little and big kids to play. Just make sure you raise your trim tabs before beaching...

Reactions: JRich27
121 - 140 of 178 Posts