Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Didn’t think about posting on here till now but just wanted to put it out there that a group of us are having a skiff meetup/boat hangout this Saturday (August 3rd). I know it’s a late notice but if you’re around come out. Haven’t specifically picked a spot but gonna be on of the big sand flats at San Luis Pass. Planning on getting out there about 1-2 PM. Gonna try and get a grill out there with a tent and table depending on weather conditions. Hope to see some of y’all out there!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Gotta work this weekend...... Was out there Monday before last. Water was muddy but reds, specks and flounder were hungry. Dodged most of the rain and had a large time. Wanted to put the roomie on a slot red (he's never caught a saltwater fish). He was using 15# braid and sharp hooks; everything came unbuttoned except one flounder. He was ecstatic, but I was a bit disappointed (I caught all of the above from the back of the boat). Got through Houston ahead of the afternoon traffic but a wreck on 59 in Humble had us jammed up for an hour. Was wishing I hadn't drank so much water in the skiff........

Y'all have fun. Maybe I can catch y'all next trip. Need a little more lead time......

·
Registered
375 Posts
Wish I would have been able to make, had plans with the family in Austin this weekend. Hopefully next time!

Reactions: MMessana

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was a great time! Solid 8 boats showed haha but we will be doing it again. Super cool spot. Had a tent and chairs setup, taco bar courtesy of Jred, another grill for dogs and burgers, beersbee and good story telling. Cool seeing all the different skiffs next to each other. Hopefully more can make it next time.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,561 Posts
It was a great time! Solid 8 boats showed haha but we will be doing it again. Super cool spot. Had a tent and chairs setup, taco bar courtesy of Jred, another grill for dogs and burgers, beersbee and good story telling. Cool seeing all the different skiffs next to each other. Hopefully more can make it next time.
I'll be keeping an eye out for the next one!

I had a spun prop that needed re-hubbing, so couldn't make it out on the water this weekend.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,451 Posts
It was really cool. Very cool to meet up with some skiff folks on the water. If you didn't have a skinny boat, you weren't getting to the party. Thanks Jred for the fresh grilled tacos and MMessana for the Guide beers. My wife even had a lot of fun and she rarely goes out on the boat with me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Nice to meet some of you briefly out there, definitely a good spot for some skinny water grillin.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fellas, we are going to try this out again. It was a good time last summer. We selected multiple dates early on so everyone can make at least one or another. All of them will be at San Luis Pass again except the last one. See dates below.
-May 9th
-June 14th
-July 11th
-August 9th
-September 6th
We're doing the last one in Port O'Connor at Sunday beach so people can come from different parts of Texas. Figured it's pretty central.
We alternated Saturdays and Sundays on these since some people's schedules vary, so hopefully we can get everyone included! Hope to see yall out there at some point.
IMG_7400.JPG

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Thanks for posting.

Reactions: MMessana
1 - 20 of 181 Posts