Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
546 Posts
9280B6A4-A05E-4314-9419-F2CB49812A7F.jpeg
D9900E2F-A9AD-4F3A-95B2-39FDFBD2AC27.jpeg

Theses plans are on my blog hogfishdesign.wordpress.com for free. Or you can buy the pdf files from me for $95.00. Takes 40 hours to build-in core and they weigh 90-100 lbs each. More stable for poling than the others. Can use a 2-15 hp outboard. Lots of photos on my blog and Instagram site. Another alternative.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
112 Posts
Chris I had been meaning to ask you. Can the cockpit on the SD#2 be extended forward and something like a bench seat be put across it for fishing two? Can the bulkhead be used to brace the bench or is it really a one person boat?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
546 Posts
Chris I had been meaning to ask you. Can the cockpit on the SD#2 be extended forward and something like a bench seat be put across it for fishing two? Can the bulkhead be used to brace the bench or is it really a one person boat?
The great thing about building your own skiff is you can build the interior pretty much anyway you want. The hull dimension numbers are the guideline for the shape of the hull. That’s important to stick to.
Now the interiors are another thing. What I see with the others designs are they don’t have enough displacement aft so the sterns are dragging. Both of the SD skiffs can carry 2 guys. Just build the interior to suit going forward of the transom. Don’t mover the engine aft, that changes things. Best thing is to draw a sketch of what you want and show me via my email and I will let you know what’s up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts