Simrad Go7 ?

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by Jfack, Feb 15, 2016.

1. damthemainstream

damthemainstream Active Member

2. ABoykin

ABoykin I Love microskiff.com!

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the Simrad Go7 this week. Will be running the FMT chip as well. Looks like it will be the perfect size to sit on top of my console and I can still leave my flush mount compass up there, I don't know if the larger 9" screen would fit but from what I've measured the 7" should def fit. Anybody got anymore reviews on this unit? Thank you!

Will be going on top of this console (plastic basket and old Garmin will be removed):
    hellsbay marquesa console.png

3. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

I went with the Go7 and just installed it on Friday. Haven't had a chance to get on the water with it yet but I will let you know.

4. blackmagic1

blackmagic1 I Love microskiff.com!

5. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

$100 pre-paid credit card. But you have to purchase before May 31st.

6. ABoykin

Thank you! Please let me know. For the price and the features it seems like a no-brainer for my skiff.. What transducer did you go with?

7. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

I went with the Total Scan transom mounted transducer.

8. ABoykin

Thanks!

9. FlatsFishin

FlatsFishin Active Member

anyone find a better price than $749 with total scan transducer?

10. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

I got mine a little cheaper with the Port Supply at West Marine.

11. Egrets Landing

Egrets Landing Well-Known Member

A 12" will fit on top of that console on a gimble or a RAM mount no problem. RAM would be more far more versatile and allow you to move the unit around depending on conditions. 7" provides diminished map utility compared to larger screens. Larger screens much better with FMT. Buy your unit and map from FMT and get a much better overall price for everything together than purchasing separately. Call for details.

mangoman likes this.
  12. FlatsFishin

FlatsFishin Active Member

Just ordered a simrad go7 for my build. I went through florida marine tracks order go7 and both north and south fl map you save some money on the charts if you order everything through them. Customer service was great he answered all my question and got me everything right away. good deal!!

13. 321nole

321nole Well-Known Member

Just got my go5 installed, possibly a stupid question, but did anyone else have issues with the unit saving their settings? Mine resets to default and demo mode everytime I power it off

14. Egrets Landing

Egrets Landing Well-Known Member

It should not do that. All of the units should remember your last settings so they are set that way the next time you turn it on. Make sure its running the latest software. If it is and its still doing that try a hard reset. If still no luck call simrad. Its either a bad unit or faulty software running it.

321nole likes this.
  15. 321nole

321nole Well-Known Member

I do recall seeing that it was running version 1.5 while I was playing around with it last night. I did connect to my wifi at home and had the unit check for software updates but nothing popped up, but now I see on the Simrad site that there is a version 2.0 out. guess i'll get that loaded onto a memory card tonight and give that a try.

16. kershelbarfield

kershelbarfield Well-Known Member

Would a GO7 fit in between my cup holders with their supplied mount? I cant find dimensions on any of the hardware etc

Attached Files:

17. ABoykin

I believe it should by looking at your pics. Best thing to do is bring your tape measure and go up to West Marine and take some measurements of theirs they have on display. That's what I ended up doing!

18. THX1138

THX1138 Well-Known Member

Is this what you need?
    GO-XSE_IM_EN_988-11093-002w.jpg

Lou

ABoykin likes this.
  19. kershelbarfield

kershelbarfield Well-Known Member